Rabid Mom Attacks 5Yo Girl with a Knife Over Kids Playing

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Rabid Mom Attacks 5Yo Girl with a Knife Over Kids Playing

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On July 16, 2020, at 2:10 pm, a 43-year-old woman, Leiv Bunthoeun, was arrested for attacking a 5-year-old girl in the face with a knife, in Sangkat Somrong Krom, Khan Porsenchey, Phnom Penh. The victim, who was identified as Leas Moviliya, five years old, was injured on the face.
According to the victim's family, on July 14, 2020, the suspect's son, 2 years old, came to play with the victim and some other kids. While they were playing, the 2-year-old threw a rock at the other children, then the 5-year-old girl picked up the rock and threw it back at the toddler.
Unfortunately, the rock hit and injured the little boy, and his mother took him to the hospital.

The woman was furious, and then, two days later, on July 16, the she saw the little girl was outside playing with other kids, so she took a knife from her house to slice the child's face as revenge. After that, she ran back to hide in her house.

After the incident, the 5-year-old was sent to the hospital, while the police arrested the suspect and sent her to the police station for questioning.
Spoiler:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Rabid Mom Attacks 5Yo Girl with a Knife Over Kids Playing

Post by jaynewcastle »

" The woman was furious, and then, two days later, on July 16, the she saw the little girl was outside playing with other kids, so she took a knife from her house to slice the child's face as revenge. After that, she ran back to hide in her house. "

Serious mental issues I'd guess, as it doesn't mention drugs/alcohol
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

jaynewcastle wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:04 am " The woman was furious, and then, two days later, on July 16, the she saw the little girl was outside playing with other kids, so she took a knife from her house to slice the child's face as revenge. After that, she ran back to hide in her house. "

Head for an eye mentality
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

jaynewcastle wrote:" The woman was furious, and then, two days later, on July 16, the she saw the little girl was outside playing with other kids, so she took a knife from her house to slice the child's face as revenge. After that, she ran back to hide in her house. "

If you watch her police interview on the news you can definitely tell she is not "normal". Some type of mental disability.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

lostjeremy wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:42 pm
jaynewcastle wrote:" The woman was furious, and then, two days later, on July 16, the she saw the little girl was outside playing with other kids, so she took a knife from her house to slice the child's face as revenge. After that, she ran back to hide in her house. "

If you watch her police interview on the news you can definitely tell she is not "normal". Some type of mental disability.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

Just looking at her face, I think the same.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Meanwhile, one enterprising soul has taken the adage about there being no such thing as bad publicity to heart and ran with it:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): The Trial Chamber of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court on the morning of November 25, 2020, announced the verdict for defendant Liu Bunthoeun, 43 years old, in the case of a knife attack on a 5-year-old girl. The woman has been sentenced to prison for 12 years, and must pay the victim 200 million riels. The verdict leaves the right to appeal in accordance with the law if any party disagrees with the lower court's decision.

It should be noted that on the afternoon of November 17, 2020, the Phnom Penh Municipal Court opened this serious criminal case, where a woman deliberately stabbed the face and arms of a 5-year-old girl so severely that she needed more than 100 stitches. The trial was presided over by Ms. Ouk Reth Kunthea, President of the Trial Chamber, but at the end of the questioning, the President of the Trial Chamber postponed the verdict until today, November 25.
In front of the court, the female perpetrator, Liu Bunthoeun, confessed that on the afternoon of the July 16 she went to buy a knife in the market and grabbed the girl, and then stabbed her repeatedly because she had thrown stones at her son. The woman said that she could not sleep for two nights because the girl had caused her baby boy to bleed, so she wanted the girl to bleed like her child.

The victim, 5-year-old Las Mavilia, suffered serious injuries to her face, nose, neck and arms, and she will need further operations. On the morning of July 18, 2020, the Deputy Prosecutor of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court decided to charge the woman with torture and cruelty under Article 211 of the Penal Code.
Article 211 of the Penal Code states that torture and aggravated acts of aggravated assault are punishable by imprisonment from 10 to 20 years.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

UPDATE: Many people have offered to help the family of the victim with medical expenses, and the little girl is now much better and appears to be healing.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Jesus I'm going to have to stop reading CEO news I'm starting to get paranoid.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

poor little girl

I guess the rabid mom will have plenty of time to reflect on her actions over the next 12 years. $50k is a quite a fine in the local climate although never enough to give the poor girl back what she has lost.

Thoughts also go to crazy mom's son who now has to grow up in a broken family and potentially with the guilt of the situation attached.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic