Owner of Good Times Bar in Phnom Penh Offers $50 to Anyone Who Collects Chris Freeman's Outstanding Bar Tab

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: Owner of Good Times Bar in Phnom Penh Offers $50 to Anyone Who Collects Chris Freeman's Outstanding Bar Tab

Post by truffledog »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:54 am
simon43 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:56 am It is totally beyond my understanding why anyone running a bar or restaurant allows any customer to run up a tab. Weird way of running a business!
I'm guessing it's because 99 times out of a hundred they come back and settle up. This story seems a bit dumber than usual though, as it goes like this:

Owner day 1: You owe $500! PAY UP!

Owner day 2: Now you owe another $5 from last night, so you owe us $505!

Owner day 3: Another $10 tab again last night! You better get us the $515 ASAP!

Owner day 4: Are you gonna pay or not? Oh, and add another $7.50 from last night too! $522.50 and growing.

Owner day 5: I'm starting to think you're not going to pay your tab! And another $10 tab for lunch yesterday! $533.50, punk! Oh, and thanks for paying $3 on your way out, it's down to $530 now.

:facepalm:
Complete nonsense to run a business like this...and cyring foul on a forum with a reward for collecting the debt makes the owner even look dumber than dumb. Learn your lesson and change your attitude instead.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Owner of Good Times Bar in Phnom Penh Offers $50 to Anyone Who Collects Chris Freeman's Outstanding Bar Tab

Post by Brody »

Look at that ferret growing on his lip.

That mustache should come with ass-chaps and a nipple ring.

With his wardrobe and that gay, walrus mustache, he looks like one of the Village People on casual Friday.

beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Yobbo wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:05 pm You can't get blood from a stone.
but you can get blood with a stone
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Cooldude wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:07 pm The owner of this bar is a rip off merchant herself. Karma is a bitch.
If the bar owner keeps ripping people off don’t feel bad for him.
Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc »

simon43 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:56 am It is totally beyond my understanding why anyone running a bar or restaurant allows any customer to run up a tab. Weird way of running a business!
You are so right

Its called a greedy owner that lets people get smashed then complains about it.. Hey dork brain whats your profit margin ????

pennies on the dollar my friend.... Cost....

your the guy who created the drama not him
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Oumedc wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:35 pm
You are so right

Its called a greedy owner that lets people get smashed then complains about it.. Hey dork brain whats your profit margin ????

pennies on the dollar my friend.... Cost....

your the guy who created the drama not him
Lol, no.

You have a debt then you pay it.

I had a few who I would allow to get up toward the $500 mark each month, on the understanding that I would be square on a certain date later each month. Never was an issue, but there were some folk I wouldn't give a tenner credit to at the same time.

I only have been to Good Times bar for a few quick visits, but always enjoyed myself and never saw anybody being ripped off either. The mustachioed muppet should pay his debt.
Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc »

food and beverage Industry for over 40 years from 5 star to bars
you never give credit for alcohol. its the same as the movies you do not enter with out a ticket
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:12 pm
Cooldude wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:07 pm The owner of this bar is a rip off merchant herself. Karma is a bitch.
The bar owner is a woman.
When has she ripped people off?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:57 pm
GMJS-CEO wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:12 pm
The bar owner is a woman.
When has she ripped people off?
@Cooldude what did the bar owner do to rip someone off?
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Looks like a job for...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic