Aussie woman spent $70k on tattoos & body mods coz she hated how she looked (before and after pics)

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Aussie woman spent $70k on tattoos & body mods coz she hated how she looked (before and after pics)

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Brisbane tattoo artist Amber Luke said she grew up hating how she looked. The 25-year-old says she now has over 600 tattoos and has undergone multiple body-modification procedures including eyeball tattoos, a tongue splitting, and “pixified” ears to achieve her desired appearance. “I feel it is so empowering to take ownership and control over your body,” Luke told Insider.

ImageImage
“I found myself to be very plain and boring looking,” she said of her natural appearance.

ImageImageImage
She said she has also had a breast augmentation and a Brazilian butt lift.
ImageImage
But because Luke’s appearance is nontraditional, she said she gets a lot of judgment from strangers, which can be difficult for her.
ImageImageImage
Luke also told Insider that her partner offers her unconditional support.
ImageImageImageImage

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/woma ... ons-2020-7
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Aussie woman spent $70k on tattoos & body mods coz she hated how she looked (before and after pics)

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Still very fit. Would bang if given green light.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Aussie woman spent $70k on tattoos & body mods coz she hated how she looked (before and after pics)

Post by Alex »

It's disgusting in a sad way. She looked quite good before she embarked on her self-mutilation spree.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

“I feel it is so empowering to take ownership and control over your body,” Luke told Insider.
What does that even mean? She didn't have control of it before? Can you control a body by scribbling all over it and getting a Brazilian butt lift? Seems kind of fucking dumb. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Probably has a mental of illness by the look.
Does the tattooist need to be put in a hession sack and stack of pick handles handed to her brothers and her dad?

I thought australian tattooists had some kind of code of conduct for this kind of thing. ?? Or maybe he just did not see what seems pretty obvious to me.
??
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

sad vandalism

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:23 pm . . . her brothers and her dad?
perhaps therein lies the problem

monstra mihi bona!
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Tongue splitting, that looks and sounds horrific for what? Up to her but this bollox about being bothered how people view her, no shit Sherlock who'd have thought it.

I view tattooing as very much an attention seeking exercise anyway which appears to be conforming to a commercially driven norm these days rather than an expression of individuality. Premier League footballers are classics.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

I have no problem with tattoos, but why tattoo your face and eyes, why split your tongue? I suspect the people who do this to themselves have major psychological issues, they are either obsessive attention seekers, or are on a mission to shock people.
They imagine covering themselves with tattoos and mutilating their bodies makes them interesting and/or scary, they are usually neither, personality/charisma/presence, cannot be drawn on. You’ve got a face like the front cover of the Beano, you waggle your split tongue, you get stared at and nobody takes you seriously, that’s basically you.
You’re practically unemployable other than working in the tattoo/body modification business, stuck in a small group of likeminded crackpots, believing anybody who has a problem with the way you look are the ones with the issues.
Imagine the depression when, in a moment of clarity, you realize the fucking mess you’ve made of your body, and you’re stuck looking like a circus freak for the rest of your life, when that realization sinks in.
Remember “Zombie Boy” another of these extreme body modification “characters”, he ended up taking his own life.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Maybe she’ll be coming to the Kingdom of Wonder to find herself once the virus resolves.

Jerry Attrick -

You would seriously consider having sex with her?

What if she said you had to transform first just like her before doing it? Still interested?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:20 am You would seriously consider having sex with her?
She still looks hot, and you could always turn the lights down.
She's nowhere near as messed up as this Mexican lawyer:
Or even Jocelyn Wildenstein:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic