Aussie woman spent $70k on tattoos & body mods coz she hated how she looked (before and after pics)

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: Aussie woman spent $70k on tattoos & body mods coz she hated how she looked (before and after pics)

Post by whatwat »

To add to that many sufferers of body dysmorphia are transgender/sexual men, and women.
Now that‘s extreme body modification!
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Aussie woman spent $70k on tattoos & body mods coz she hated how she looked (before and after pics)

Post by Chad Sexington »

whatwat wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:55 pm No because anorexia is an eating disorder and not always connected to appearance and is in the majority of cases effects teen girls and they usually grow out of it, for want of a better word.
Surely the eating disorder is a symptom of the psychological disorder? You say Anorexia is not always connected to perception of appearance, maybe not always, but I’d bet it is connected in many instances.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Chad Sexington wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:25 pm
whatwat wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:55 pm No because anorexia is an eating disorder and not always connected to appearance and is in the majority of cases effects teen girls and they usually grow out of it, for want of a better word.
Surely the eating disorder is a symptom of the psychological disorder? You say Anorexia is not always connected to perception of appearance, maybe not always, but I’d bet it is connected in many instances.
Yeah maybe you’re correct. I don’t know the real terminology.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

whatwat wrote:No because anorexia is an eating disorder and not always connected to appearance and is in the majority of cases effects teen girls and they usually grow out of it, for want of a better word.
Based on what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:53 pm
whatwat wrote:No because anorexia is an eating disorder and not always connected to appearance and is in the majority of cases effects teen girls and they usually grow out of it, for want of a better word.
Based on what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Based on personal experience.
Family not me.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Phnom Poon wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:04 pm sad vandalism

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:23 pm . . . her brothers and her dad?
perhaps therein lies the problem
You may be right, PP.
Body dysmorphia, excessive tattooing and othe forms of self mutilation are often symptoms of child abuse.

(NB, ^^^ but not always, and i make no specific claims in this case. This girls family may be just as bewildered and powerless as everybody else)
Powaline_Digi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Powaline_Digi »

I see no problem. She has the right to do what she pleases with herself so long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

The blue eyes freak me out though.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:07 am
Any tattoos at all is to a certain extent a psychological issue, attention-seeking, shock value thing. With tattoos becoming more the norm and people losing the shock value you will see more of these extreme types coming out.

Those getting tattoos are usually weak mentally and need the ink to show some kind of bravado they lack inside.
Not always true. You are only thinking about the ones with apparent tattoos displayed on obvious spots like, arm, forearm, neck, face, hands. There is other spots allowing the tattooed person to keep it personal up to a certain extent (sure, your partner will see it when naked, or when you go for a swim, but that's about it).

And let's not forget the ones with ties to tradition, tribe, here and there. Although it's often in hot countries, where little clothing is needed on a daily basis, so it's easy to see, but not always meant to show off.

And the ones with a secret map under the wig.

And the mandatory SS triangle or whatever on the armpit, as well as the barcode in the asscrack for state-related employees here and there i guess....
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ . . . don't forget, cobwebs on the elbows.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic