Can You Get Back into Cambodia with a Multiple Entry EOS?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Can You Get Back into Cambodia with a Multiple Entry EOS?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Having a discussion with some expats about how to get back into Cambodia at the moment, in case you need to leave the country for some reason - so my question is as above: Can You Get Back into Cambodia if you have a Multiple Entry Visa EOS ? Or do you need to apply for a new visa ?

The general opinion in our discussion group was that as long as your multi-entry EOS is still valid, you can re-enter Cambodia as usual (plus all the covid tests and insurance etc.) Just wondering if anyone can confirm that this would be accepted.
Sounds too easy to me.
Apologies if this question has already come up. TIA.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Can You Get Back into Cambodia with a Multiple Entry EOS?

Post by General Mackevili »

I can't think of any logical reason you couldn't. However, not all visa issues are 'logical.'
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

You can. I know of at least two people who have.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

You'll probably lose your free covid hospital care entitlement announced by He in the process if you were in KOW before the new entry requirements.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

And have to go through the 3 grand, quarantine nonsense again.

Just guessing but it appears that you have more chance of dying by a lightening strike than Covid in Cambodia, total madness. :BangHead:
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yes, as long as your multi-entry EOS is still valid and wasnt stamped "used or cancelled" upon departure then you can enter Cambodia with it.

It does not exempt you from any of the current requirements applied to foreigners entering Cambodia though.
Rtrac
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Rtrac »

(This weekend): There is a poor gentleman from Europe who has a multi-entry EOS who was refused boarding in S. Korea due to having run out of extra pages in his passport (he got an new passport or more pages = not certain which). He reports being able to travel in the past using this method. But the Aseana Airline officials in S Korea are reporting this is no longer allowed. Passport / Visa / extra pages need to be in full order or you risk being denied on the flight.

What is really unfortunate is this problem was not identified prior to this gentleman's flight from his home country. It seems you are on your own if all of these various competing rules are not in order (or there is dispute over the interpretation of these rules). I do not see much support from airlines to assist their customers. It seems like everyone is at every check point is operating like an independent boarder guard with absolute final authority over your admission on your flight.

I think being paranoid and overly prepared is wise. Travel with notion that there is no guarantee you will be permitted to travel is the message I am receiving.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

^ that was a case of the airline not understanding Cambodian Immigration policies. His valid MEEV was in his cancelled passport and he was travelling on a new passport, the MEEV was still valid and he would have been permitted entry into Cambodia with it.

If I were him I would be getting clarification from the Cambodian Authorities and then claiming all the costs of his flights back from the airline in question.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic