Aussie to charge $3k for quarantine

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Aussie to charge $3k for quarantine

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:33 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:10 am Correct me if I am wrong, but AU$3000 would barely get you 14 nights in a city hotel? What about food? I bet the room service will cost you you $100 a day.

Is this for returning Australians only? What if they have no money?
$3000 AUD only about $2000 USD
It's gonna be a crap hotel at that price. Demand a smoking room, that'll cause a commotion.
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:31 am Where does the"Lucky Country" term come from? Only ever heard Aussies saying that and never quite got it. How is Australia lucky?
I think it comes from the Kylie Minogue song 'I should be so lucky!'
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Dunderhead wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:38 pm Only well trained sheeple believe the obeying lockdown is doing the right thing.
From what I can make out, NZ went into total lockdown for a month, all the "sheeple" went along with it, and they wiped out the virus in 4 weeks. Now the only cases are NZ citizens returning from overseas and they are being quarantined until clear, at the government expense. They are doing quite nicely without letting all the foreign tourists in, although admittedly some of the resort places are having to restructure. Seems to be a bit of a lesson for the "deniers" out there.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic