Military Man Shoots Another Military in the Head Over Headlights

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Military Man Shoots Another Military in the Head Over Headlights

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Kandal): On July 10, 2020, a 30-year-old man, Chea Sangha, a military officer, was arrested after attacking another military officer in Svay Chrum village, Ksach Kandal district, Kandal. The victim was identified as Leang Sothy, a 26-year-old military officer, who suffered a head injury from a gunshot wound.

The authorities confiscated a pistol K54, a magazine and 8 bullets from the attacker. It appears that he was annoyed because of the victim's allegedly blinding motorbike lights, so he pulled out his gun and shot at the victim.

The suspect with the evidence was sent to the police station for case preparations.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Military Man Shoots Another Military in the Head Over Headlights

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Lol, I've got more night miles than any non HGV driver I know in Cambodia, and I definitely feel the shooters pain here!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I bet he was aiming for the headlight.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Road rage. I'm happy and surprised the victim was able to keep up or able to identify the suspect to the police.

IDK if they were both in motion when he made the shot or not. If so, that would be a pretty good shot even if he was aiming at the headlight. He'd have to let the gap get big enough for the shot angle, use a one-handed grip, blindly aim as his eyes are peeled to the road. I can see this guy pulling an Ace-Venture by half hanging out of the window making the Clint Eastwood face while rattling off shots. "Caution, assholes may be closer than they appear."

I hope my odd sense of humor of this doesn't offend anyone.
Still here, in country...
Andy S Tawatin
Expatriate

Post by Andy S Tawatin »

The guy in the purple looks to be pretty good considering he was 'shot in the head'.

Just saying ;)
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

"Man in uniform with socialy-reinforced ego and feelings of power and invulnerability shoots..."
....again.

This is one (just 1) of the reasos why all those uniformed servants of the citizery need need to be constantly reminded not to everstep their sacred role one inch. Ever!
For their psycic benefit as much as for the citizen's security and safety.
It's not about bashing the cops, or the military, but events everywhere show that a uniform and a gun tends to go to a mans head - if not held firmly in check.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:10 am "Man in uniform with socialy-reinforced ego and feelings of power and invulnerability shoots..."
....again.

This is one (just 1) of the reasos why all those uniformed servants of the citizery need need to be constantly reminded not to everstep their sacred role one inch. Ever!
For their psycic benefit as much as for the citizen's security and safety.
It's not about bashing the cops, or the military, but events everywhere show that a uniform and a gun tends to go to a mans head - if not held firmly in check.
Speaking of guns and the ego; any word on Mishmash?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

No word here. I sent him a PM in case he ever tuned in, but not opened.

If you are out there (so to speak) Mish - drop in and say g'day.......
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Andy S Tawatin wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:21 pm The guy in the purple looks to be pretty good considering he was 'shot in the head'.

Just saying ;)
"Never underestimate the healing abilities of Tiger Balm dear friend "😀
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

“HE told provincial officials that influential people must face punishment if they wield or fire their guns in public.”

This from 2012. Any examples set since?

https://www.voanews.com/east-asia/cambo ... s-duty?amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic