The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Post by rozzieoz »

You realise I have nothing to do with any of the reporting, right? I am just posing questions that to date, remain unanswered.
I started doing some reading on the Beaumont case and found all of this.

Any other case it would be quite acceptable to ask questions until satisfactory answers are given, except in this case.
Why is that? What makes this one so special?

If you don't like the thread, don't read it, simple as that, in the same way I avoid many, many of the threads on this forum, because I don't agree with what is being discussed.
If CEO admin feel this post contravenes forum rules, they will take it down.
But I have a feeling they won't. ;)
Last edited by rozzieoz on Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Another weird thing.

Why would anyone refuse an offer to have DNA tested, for free, in the case of your missing child.
Surely you would do ANYTHING to get a new lead. This made no sense to me.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/m ... r-16063863

Police investigating the mysterious disappearance of Madeleine McCann reportedly ignored an expert’s offer to re-test "inconclusive" DNA samples.
The samples were offered for re-examination as the hunt for the missing Brit continues.
Madeleine disappeared from Praia da Luz, in the Algarve, in Portugal, in 2007.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:14 am I am pretty sure they do not conflate questioning the president of the USA with casting unsubstantiated doubt and suspicion on two parents wo have just lost their child.
Journalistic discernment 101 - you do not treat an elected official the same way as you treat the probable innocent victims of a child who has (almost certainly) been murdered.
Nor would they conflate spreading rumour and suspicion on a blog like this with journalism.
Any journalist worth their salt would look at all the evidence (without the emotions coming into play) and think something wasn't quite right.
You've got their numbers, congratulations.
I have a degree in Journalism. :)
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I was not looking for congrats, Rozz.
once again you totally miss my point

And that ^^^ back there, is not professional journalism.
imo
' a totally diferent kettle of fish.

But if your particular journalistic standards think this kind of stuff is all perfectly valid, go ahead, publish where you can.
Free press.
But as you know, large parts of the population and the jouralistic profession think it is pretty foul - and will call it out as such.
Dont expect to persecute a case like this and not expect some pretty harsh judgement yourself. (but NOthing like what you are serving up to them)
imo, only
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I just want to say, this has been an international news story that has attracted international attention over the years, so I don't have any issue with a bit of speculation being discussed for such a huge story.

And this is random, but according to News.Com.Au, police traveled to Cambodia to talk to a convicted pedophile (named as Roderick Robertson) about Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

"CAMBODIA: June 2014 — Police travelled to the Southeast Asian country to quiz convicted paedophile Roderick Robertson about Madeleine."

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real- ... 16fd8215d2

I don't see any news about a 'Roderick Robertson' arrested in Cambodia on pedophile charges, only a Robert Robertson comes up, but he was arrested in China and only mentioned on CEO afterwards.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:08 am I was not looking for congrats, Rozz.
once again you totally miss my point

And that ^^^ back there, is not professional journalism.
imo
' a totally diferent kettle of fish.

But if your particular journalistic standards think this kind of stuff is all perfectly valid, go ahead, publish where you can.
Free press.
But as you know, large parts of the population and the jouralistic profession think it is pretty foul - and will call it out as such.
Dont expect to persecute a case like this and not expect some pretty harsh judgement yourself. (but NOthing like what you are serving up to them)
imo, only
I am not writing a story about this, lol.
I don't work as a journalist anymore, but I've been following other investigate reports who are researching this.
I am just here to post about it, sharing the interesting stuff I've found. Please take a chill pill, I'm not 'serving anything up,' I am merely sharing what is in the public domain.

Why are these questions making you feel so uncomfortable?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

What mainstream media forgot to mention:

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

https://people.com/crime/madeleine-mcca ... e-convict/

German prosecutors say they haven't charged the man suspected of killing Madeleine McCann because they don't have enough evidence to convict him.

Madeleine, a 3-year-old British girl, hasn't been seen since vanishing from her family vacation in Portugal in 2007. German authorities investigating the suspect, who is behind bars in Germany on an unrelated drug conviction, have said they believe the girl is dead.

German authorities identified the suspect as a 43-year-old man who received a seven-year sentence in December 2019 for raping a 72-year-old American woman in 2005 in Portugal, according to court documents obtained by PEOPLE. He is appealing that sentence but is currently serving a 21-month sentence in Germany for dealing drugs, the Times of London reported.

He has not been charged in connection with Madeleine's disappearance.

In an interview with CNN on Thursday, Prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters of the Braunschweig Public Prosecutor's Office, who is leading the investigation into the suspect, said authorities “actually have findings that suggest that he is Madeleine McCann's murderer.”

But Wolters added, "At the moment, there is insufficient evidence to convict."

Surprise surprise. Not.
Last edited by rozzieoz on Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

From this article:
https://www.babygaga.com/wheres-madelei ... ppearance/

"The McCann’s took the money of millions of people that was meant to help them search for their daughter, and paid off their mortgage. I mean, I guess the thought was that when Madeleine was found they needed to have a home for her. It still does not seem like the ethical thing to do. Did you donate to this cause? Do you now feel cheated out of your money?"

They didn't use the money to start a fund to find missing children or stop pedo activity - they paid off their mortgage.
Remember - these are two DOCTORS. They are not poor people.

Also from this article:
"It may seem obvious that when your child goes missing, or is abducted that you would want to do anything and everything in your power to help bring them home. I could not imagine turning down any request, no matter how weird or far fetched it seemed, if it meant there was even a glimmer of hope at getting my child back. The McCann’s obviously did not feel the same way.

Kate refused to answer all 48 questions that the police asked her following her disappearance. If that was not enough, both Kate and Gerry refused to attend the police reconstruction of the event, which is odd as Kate was the one who discovered Madeleine was gone. What is probably the worst is that they also did not join any search for their daughter. I, would have never stopped looking."

There are too many things that don't make sense.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic