British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:18 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:03 am Yuk!
shudder

(i thought E was grown in greenhouses in Amsrterdam?? or something like that. 'obviously not Tuned In anymore)
Well I think your playing a blinker Stern -

Mreah Prew tree in the Cardamom Mountains produces safrole oil used as the starting material for Ecstasy

https://www.wildlifealliance.org/how-a- ... s-ecstasy/

https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-lowd ... -oil-88801
Shhhh!!!
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:38 pm
Yerg wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:06 am
Soriya wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:59 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:05 am The invulnerability of youth, JB, powered by ego and testosterone.

This stuff came along long after my experimental "let's tryout everything on the smorgasboard" days. It would probabky have been one of the once-only ones anyway, i never yet liked one synthetic chemical drug i ever met.

I know E can be bought cheaply in bulk in Europe, and i guess the party crew here will pay the same as anywhere else - ie, whatever it takes.
But does anyonee have a more accurate idea of the economics of this ^^^ kind of smuggling scam??

nb, 'just saw the post above - what about at the other end?
How much do you pay for 250gm in Eu?
3 years ago, mdma was around 15 quid a gram back in south england
About the same in Amsterdam. €20 a gram back in 2016.
Are you sure you arent mixing them up with price per pill? This UK site says around 40 pounds per gram is average.

https://www.drugwise.org.uk/how-much-do-drugs-cost/
Also drugwise says 30-40 quid for a gram of charlie in 2016.
If your lucky. More like 50 back then unless it was shit and 70 quid now.
Also most grams were sold at 0.7s back then,so converting it certainly dont work out at there price of 30-40

If they got it at that price, i wish i knew some of there employees, certain profit to have been made there.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:36 pm Beats me but it seems very fucking dumb for a foreigner to even try dumb shit like this. 8)
Blush, stammer, look at my shoes, shuffle my feeet, hide that huge cheeky grin on my dial
- on behalf of the "more than one or two" older members who "seem to know a bit.."

But we, of course, would contend that these are very different times todaay than those halcyon days of the '70's when smuggling a bit of the world's finest smoke was the preserve of sailors and surfers, explorers and adventurers, poets, visionaries and social revolutionaries.
:tophat:

Yeah yeah know i know....
(grin)
Last edited by SternAAlbifrons on Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:25 am
John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:36 pm Beats me but it seems very fucking dumb for a foreigner to even try dumb shit like this. 8)
Blush, stammer, look at my shoes, shuffle my feeet, hide that huge cheeky grin on my dial
- on behalf of the "more than one or two" old members who "seem to know a bit.."

But we, of course, would contend that these are very different times todaay than those halcyon days of the '70's when smuggling a bit of the world's finest smoke was the preserve of sailors and surfers, explorerer and adventurers, poets, visionaries and social revolutionaries.
:tophat:

Yeah yeah know i know....
(grin)
Lucky boys. Folk weren't tracked better than cattle back then.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:52 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:47 pm

Are you sure you arent mixing them up with price per pill? This UK site says around 40 pounds per gram is average.

Dunno about today, but in my pill taking prime 14-17 years ago it was ten pills for fifty euro, so I'm fairly sure that's a per gram price
I am just curious really to work out what he stood to make. if it sells for $10 per gram that's approx $2,600 $100 per gram is $26,000 not a massive amount for the risk and potential 15-20 years in Jail.
Amsterdam with some connections would be the cheapest, or one of the cheapest places in the world to source and buy such a product. Everything increases in price once you start transporting it. When its over borders and not legal the the the price increases significantly. Nobody is selling MDMA for $10 a gram in Kampot, or anywhere else in Asia. A gram isn't something you can get through in a night like an E or a gram of coke, apparently. Your maths are all wrong.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

angsta wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:17 am

Dunno about today, but in my pill taking prime 14-17 years ago it was ten pills for fifty euro, so I'm fairly sure that's a per gram price
I am just curious really to work out what he stood to make. if it sells for $10 per gram that's approx $2,600 $100 per gram is $26,000 not a massive amount for the risk and potential 15-20 years in Jail.
Amsterdam with some connections would be the cheapest, or one of the cheapest places in the world to source and buy such a product. Everything increases in price once you start transporting it. When its over borders and not legal the the the price increases significantly. Nobody is selling MDMA for $10 a gram in Kampot, or anywhere else in Asia. A gram isn't something you can get through in a night like an E or a gram of coke, apparently. Your maths are all wrong.
my maths are not wrong sir, I have asked how much it would be selling for, I have no knowledge of the subject of prices, I speculated a $100 per gram others have said much much lower. If you have some knowledge of price per gram then please share. As for the maths 10 x 260 = 2600 (rounded the grams up) or 100 x 260 = 26000 - unless you have some alternative calculating system?
so presumably the amount this guy stood to make is within those ranges. if its $50 a gram it is $13000, - either way even at the top end it is not a lot of money to risk your freedom for,

So instead of snarky comments perhaps contribute something useful into the discussion, especially as you clearly seem to have some knowledge of this.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:50 am

my maths are not wrong sir, I have asked how much it would be selling for, I have no knowledge of the subject of prices, I speculated a $100 per gram others have said much much lower. If you have some knowledge of price per gram then please share. As for the maths 10 x 260 = 2600 (rounded the grams up) or 100 x 260 = 26000 - unless you have some alternative calculating system?
so presumably the amount this guy stood to make is within those ranges. if its $50 a gram it is $13000, - either way even at the top end it is not a lot of money to risk your freedom for,

So instead of snarky comments perhaps contribute something useful into the discussion, especially as you clearly seem to have some knowledge of this.
We paid €80 for 4gms in 2016. I’d speculate that prices might fluctuate by country, by supply route and all manner of different economic influencers. Weed was cheap as chips in the cafes of Amsterdam. I have no idea about the price of heroin or Colombian Marching Powder as I didn’t buy any. Nor pills, so can’t comment on those either. I would hazard that the mark-up to the dealer would have been worth his while at €20 per gram. Mind you, it was delivered by (I guess) the equivalent of a courier. So the dealer had an extra layer of cost and it was still €20. Either he was a “pile it high, sell it cheap” kind of guy. Or he was making ample profit at €20 to satisfy his needs.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

You say a gram isnt something you can get thru in a night. I assume you mean gram of mdma.
We used to put a gram in a rizzla and bomb them(swallow) at raves in my younger days,and we would get thru 1 or 2 grams each easily in a night.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Yerg wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:57 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:05 am The invulnerability of youth, JB, powered by ego and testosterone.

This stuff came along long after my experimental "let's tryout everything on the smorgasboard" days. It would probabky have been one of the once-only ones anyway, i never yet liked one synthetic chemical drug i ever met.

I know E can be bought cheaply in bulk in Europe, and i guess the party crew here will pay the same as anywhere else - ie, whatever it takes.
But does anyonee have a more accurate idea of the economics of this ^^^ kind of smuggling scam??

nb, 'just saw the post above - what about at the other end?
How much do you pay for 250gm in Eu?

No, it was definitely €20 a gram.
And your point is??
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:14 am
Yerg wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:57 pm

No, it was definitely €20 a gram.
And your point is??
hahaha. not again.

go fix your cable Doc! 😂😂😂
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic