British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
Reputation: 2336
Location: Gilligan's Island
Pitcairn Island

Re: British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:18 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:03 am Yuk!
shudder


(i thought E was grown in greenhouses in Amsrterdam?? or something like that. 'obviously not Tuned In anymore)
Well I think your playing a blinker Stern -

Mreah Prew tree in the Cardamom Mountains produces safrole oil used as the starting material for Ecstasy

https://www.wildlifealliance.org/how-a- ... s-ecstasy/

https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-lowd ... -oil-88801
Shhhh!!!
User avatar
Soriya
Expatriate
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Reputation: 207
Cambodia

Re: British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Post by Soriya »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:38 pm
Yerg wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:06 am
Soriya wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:59 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:05 am The invulnerability of youth, JB, powered by ego and testosterone.

This stuff came along long after my experimental "let's tryout everything on the smorgasboard" days. It would probabky have been one of the once-only ones anyway, i never yet liked one synthetic chemical drug i ever met.

I know E can be bought cheaply in bulk in Europe, and i guess the party crew here will pay the same as anywhere else - ie, whatever it takes.
But does anyonee have a more accurate idea of the economics of this ^^^ kind of smuggling scam??

nb, 'just saw the post above - what about at the other end?
How much do you pay for 250gm in Eu?
3 years ago, mdma was around 15 quid a gram back in south england
About the same in Amsterdam. €20 a gram back in 2016.
Are you sure you arent mixing them up with price per pill? This UK site says around 40 pounds per gram is average.

https://www.drugwise.org.uk/how-much-do-drugs-cost/
Also drugwise says 30-40 quid for a gram of charlie in 2016.
If your lucky. More like 50 back then unless it was shit and 70 quid now.
Also most grams were sold at 0.7s back then,so converting it certainly dont work out at there price of 30-40

If they got it at that price, i wish i knew some of there employees, certain profit to have been made there.
User avatar
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
Reputation: 2336
Location: Gilligan's Island
Pitcairn Island

Re: British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:36 pm Beats me but it seems very fucking dumb for a foreigner to even try dumb shit like this. 8)
Blush, stammer, look at my shoes, shuffle my feeet, hide that huge cheeky grin on my dial
- on behalf of the "more than one or two" older members who "seem to know a bit.."

But we, of course, would contend that these are very different times todaay than those halcyon days of the '70's when smuggling a bit of the world's finest smoke was the preserve of sailors and surfers, explorers and adventurers, poets, visionaries and social revolutionaries.
:tophat:

Yeah yeah know i know....
(grin)
Last edited by SternAAlbifrons on Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Posts: 2048
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:19 pm
Reputation: 692
Central African Republic

Re: British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:25 am
John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:36 pm Beats me but it seems very fucking dumb for a foreigner to even try dumb shit like this. 8)
Blush, stammer, look at my shoes, shuffle my feeet, hide that huge cheeky grin on my dial
- on behalf of the "more than one or two" old members who "seem to know a bit.."

But we, of course, would contend that these are very different times todaay than those halcyon days of the '70's when smuggling a bit of the world's finest smoke was the preserve of sailors and surfers, explorerer and adventurers, poets, visionaries and social revolutionaries.
:tophat:

Yeah yeah know i know....
(grin)
Lucky boys. Folk weren't tracked better than cattle back then.
User avatar
angsta
Expatriate
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 7:54 am
Reputation: 84
Saudi Arabia

Re: British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Post by angsta »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:52 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:47 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:38 pm

Are you sure you arent mixing them up with price per pill? This UK site says around 40 pounds per gram is average.

https://www.drugwise.org.uk/how-much-do-drugs-cost/
Dunno about today, but in my pill taking prime 14-17 years ago it was ten pills for fifty euro, so I'm fairly sure that's a per gram price
I am just curious really to work out what he stood to make. if it sells for $10 per gram that's approx $2,600 $100 per gram is $26,000 not a massive amount for the risk and potential 15-20 years in Jail.
Amsterdam with some connections would be the cheapest, or one of the cheapest places in the world to source and buy such a product. Everything increases in price once you start transporting it. When its over borders and not legal the the the price increases significantly. Nobody is selling MDMA for $10 a gram in Kampot, or anywhere else in Asia. A gram isn't something you can get through in a night like an E or a gram of coke, apparently. Your maths are all wrong.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
Posts: 637
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 am
Reputation: 611
United States of America

Re: British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Post by angkorjohn2 »

angsta wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:17 am
angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:52 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:47 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:38 pm

Are you sure you arent mixing them up with price per pill? This UK site says around 40 pounds per gram is average.

https://www.drugwise.org.uk/how-much-do-drugs-cost/
Dunno about today, but in my pill taking prime 14-17 years ago it was ten pills for fifty euro, so I'm fairly sure that's a per gram price
I am just curious really to work out what he stood to make. if it sells for $10 per gram that's approx $2,600 $100 per gram is $26,000 not a massive amount for the risk and potential 15-20 years in Jail.
Amsterdam with some connections would be the cheapest, or one of the cheapest places in the world to source and buy such a product. Everything increases in price once you start transporting it. When its over borders and not legal the the the price increases significantly. Nobody is selling MDMA for $10 a gram in Kampot, or anywhere else in Asia. A gram isn't something you can get through in a night like an E or a gram of coke, apparently. Your maths are all wrong.
my maths are not wrong sir, I have asked how much it would be selling for, I have no knowledge of the subject of prices, I speculated a $100 per gram others have said much much lower. If you have some knowledge of price per gram then please share. As for the maths 10 x 260 = 2600 (rounded the grams up) or 100 x 260 = 26000 - unless you have some alternative calculating system?
so presumably the amount this guy stood to make is within those ranges. if its $50 a gram it is $13000, - either way even at the top end it is not a lot of money to risk your freedom for,

So instead of snarky comments perhaps contribute something useful into the discussion, especially as you clearly seem to have some knowledge of this.
User avatar
Yerg
Expatriate
Posts: 1170
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:41 pm
Reputation: 792
Location: TIER 3
Great Britain

Re: British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Post by Yerg »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:50 am
angsta wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:17 am
angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:52 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:47 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:38 pm

Are you sure you arent mixing them up with price per pill? This UK site says around 40 pounds per gram is average.

https://www.drugwise.org.uk/how-much-do-drugs-cost/
Dunno about today, but in my pill taking prime 14-17 years ago it was ten pills for fifty euro, so I'm fairly sure that's a per gram price
I am just curious really to work out what he stood to make. if it sells for $10 per gram that's approx $2,600 $100 per gram is $26,000 not a massive amount for the risk and potential 15-20 years in Jail.
Amsterdam with some connections would be the cheapest, or one of the cheapest places in the world to source and buy such a product. Everything increases in price once you start transporting it. When its over borders and not legal the the the price increases significantly. Nobody is selling MDMA for $10 a gram in Kampot, or anywhere else in Asia. A gram isn't something you can get through in a night like an E or a gram of coke, apparently. Your maths are all wrong.
my maths are not wrong sir, I have asked how much it would be selling for, I have no knowledge of the subject of prices, I speculated a $100 per gram others have said much much lower. If you have some knowledge of price per gram then please share. As for the maths 10 x 260 = 2600 (rounded the grams up) or 100 x 260 = 26000 - unless you have some alternative calculating system?
so presumably the amount this guy stood to make is within those ranges. if its $50 a gram it is $13000, - either way even at the top end it is not a lot of money to risk your freedom for,

So instead of snarky comments perhaps contribute something useful into the discussion, especially as you clearly seem to have some knowledge of this.
We paid €80 for 4gms in 2016. I’d speculate that prices might fluctuate by country, by supply route and all manner of different economic influencers. Weed was cheap as chips in the cafes of Amsterdam. I have no idea about the price of heroin or Colombian Marching Powder as I didn’t buy any. Nor pills, so can’t comment on those either. I would hazard that the mark-up to the dealer would have been worth his while at €20 per gram. Mind you, it was delivered by (I guess) the equivalent of a courier. So the dealer had an extra layer of cost and it was still €20. Either he was a “pile it high, sell it cheap” kind of guy. Or he was making ample profit at €20 to satisfy his needs.
User avatar
Soriya
Expatriate
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Reputation: 207
Cambodia

Re: British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Post by Soriya »

angsta wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:17 am
angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:52 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:47 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:38 pm

Are you sure you arent mixing them up with price per pill? This UK site says around 40 pounds per gram is average.

https://www.drugwise.org.uk/how-much-do-drugs-cost/
Dunno about today, but in my pill taking prime 14-17 years ago it was ten pills for fifty euro, so I'm fairly sure that's a per gram price
I am just curious really to work out what he stood to make. if it sells for $10 per gram that's approx $2,600 $100 per gram is $26,000 not a massive amount for the risk and potential 15-20 years in Jail.
Amsterdam with some connections would be the cheapest, or one of the cheapest places in the world to source and buy such a product. Everything increases in price once you start transporting it. When its over borders and not legal the the the price increases significantly. Nobody is selling MDMA for $10 a gram in Kampot, or anywhere else in Asia. A gram isn't something you can get through in a night like an E or a gram of coke, apparently. Your maths are all wrong.
You say a gram isnt something you can get thru in a night. I assume you mean gram of mdma.
We used to put a gram in a rizzla and bomb them(swallow) at raves in my younger days,and we would get thru 1 or 2 grams each easily in a night.
User avatar
Doc67
Expatriate
Posts: 3185
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
Reputation: 2605
Location: PHNOM PENH !!!!!
Great Britain

Re: British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Post by Doc67 »

Yerg wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:57 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:38 pm
Yerg wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:06 am
Soriya wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:59 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:05 am The invulnerability of youth, JB, powered by ego and testosterone.

This stuff came along long after my experimental "let's tryout everything on the smorgasboard" days. It would probabky have been one of the once-only ones anyway, i never yet liked one synthetic chemical drug i ever met.

I know E can be bought cheaply in bulk in Europe, and i guess the party crew here will pay the same as anywhere else - ie, whatever it takes.
But does anyonee have a more accurate idea of the economics of this ^^^ kind of smuggling scam??

nb, 'just saw the post above - what about at the other end?
How much do you pay for 250gm in Eu?
3 years ago, mdma was around 15 quid a gram back in south england
About the same in Amsterdam. €20 a gram back in 2016.
Are you sure you arent mixing them up with price per pill? This UK site says around 40 pounds per gram is average.

https://www.drugwise.org.uk/how-much-do-drugs-cost/
No, it was definitely €20 a gram.
And your point is??
theKid
Expatriate
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:02 pm
Reputation: 84
Macau

Re: British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Post by theKid »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:14 am
Yerg wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:57 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:38 pm
Yerg wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:06 am
Soriya wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:59 am

3 years ago, mdma was around 15 quid a gram back in south england
About the same in Amsterdam. €20 a gram back in 2016.
Are you sure you arent mixing them up with price per pill? This UK site says around 40 pounds per gram is average.

https://www.drugwise.org.uk/how-much-do-drugs-cost/
No, it was definitely €20 a gram.
And your point is??
hahaha. not again.

go fix your cable Doc! 😂😂😂
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AM34, Bongmab69, bunfuntamun, Carnage5351, CEOCambodiaNews, Element6, GarfieldsLasagna, Ingvar 7788, Majestic-12 [Bot], paul2d, Soriya, starkmonster and 852 guests