British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Re: British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Post by theKid »

[/quote]

My original post "My, we do have some well-informed members here, don't we", was just an off the cuff smart arse comment which seems to have been taken incorrectly by some. God only knows why.

[/quote]

Considering the context the comment was banter of the highest hilarity. Don’t know what all the fuss is about. Everyone need to chill and get a drink. I’m buying one for Username.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

theKid wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:20 pm

My original post "My, we do have some well-informed members here, don't we", was just an off the cuff smart arse comment which seems to have been taken incorrectly by some. God only knows why.

[/quote]

Considering the context the comment was banter of the highest hilarity. Don’t know what all the fuss is about. Everyone need to chill and get a drink. I’m buying one for Username.
[/quote]

I'll drink to that. :beer3:
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:17 pm I know of a few English guys that have moved to Kampot as of late that get up to no good this might scare them enough to leave.
Same here, hopefully they dont return to PP tho.
Altho im sure route 136 would be welcome of their business.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Yerg wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:06 am
Soriya wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:59 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:05 am The invulnerability of youth, JB, powered by ego and testosterone.

This stuff came along long after my experimental "let's tryout everything on the smorgasboard" days. It would probabky have been one of the once-only ones anyway, i never yet liked one synthetic chemical drug i ever met.

I know E can be bought cheaply in bulk in Europe, and i guess the party crew here will pay the same as anywhere else - ie, whatever it takes.
But does anyonee have a more accurate idea of the economics of this ^^^ kind of smuggling scam??

nb, 'just saw the post above - what about at the other end?
How much do you pay for 250gm in Eu?
3 years ago, mdma was around 15 quid a gram back in south england
About the same in Amsterdam. €20 a gram back in 2016.
Are you sure you arent mixing them up with price per pill? This UK site says around 40 pounds per gram is average.

https://www.drugwise.org.uk/how-much-do-drugs-cost/
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:38 pm

Are you sure you arent mixing them up with price per pill? This UK site says around 40 pounds per gram is average.

Dunno about today, but in my pill taking prime 14-17 years ago it was ten pills for fifty euro, so I'm fairly sure that's a per gram price
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:47 pm

Dunno about today, but in my pill taking prime 14-17 years ago it was ten pills for fifty euro, so I'm fairly sure that's a per gram price
I am just curious really to work out what he stood to make. if it sells for $10 per gram that's approx $2,600 $100 per gram is $26,000 not a massive amount for the risk and potential 15-20 years in Jail.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:52 pm

$100 per gram is $26,000 not a massive amount for the risk and potential 15-20 years in Jail.
Totally agree.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:52 pm

I am just curious really to work out what he stood to make. if it sells for $10 per gram that's approx $2,600 $100 per gram is $26,000 not a massive amount for the risk and potential 15-20 years in Jail.
Never try to understand stupidity...
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:05 am The invulnerability of youth, JB, powered by ego and testosterone.

This stuff came along long after my experimental "let's tryout everything on the smorgasboard" days. It would probabky have been one of the once-only ones anyway, i never yet liked one synthetic chemical drug i ever met.

I know E can be bought cheaply in bulk in Europe, and i guess the party crew here will pay the same as anywhere else - ie, whatever it takes.
But does anyonee have a more accurate idea of the economics of this ^^^ kind of smuggling scam??

Only going on what my bro.in law who.was a compulsive mdma user paid. He used to borrow the money of me regularly. Never paid back i might add
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

No, it was definitely €20 a gram.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic