Closest thing to a cinema??

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Closest thing to a cinema??

Post by Big Daikon »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:43 am
maybe didnt express correctly i wasnt trashing the cinema.. its nice.. if u read my last sentence i say it was nice theater bro... .sheesh... but ur correct. i didnt care for the 4dx experience or whatever its called
And apparently don't care for capitalization or proper sentences.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:08 pm
maybe didnt express correctly i wasnt trashing the cinema.. its nice.. if u read my last sentence i say it was nice theater bro... .sheesh... but ur correct. i didnt care for the 4dx experience or whatever its called
so your both a real nazi and a grammar nazi? lol. ok dude... 2 for 1.. nice
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:33 pm
Correction Bot wrote:So you are both a real Nazi and a grammar Nazi? That's very funny, okay my friend, two for one - nice.
There's no need to go crazy on the grammar etc on informal internet chat forums. However you could respect the protocols and at least punctuate your sentences just so your audience can understand?

Just having a laugh dude... 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:51 am last summer went to the movies at Aeon Mall 1... i messed up and bought some ticket and hated it.. the fucking chairs move along w the action .. i forget what the experience is called but i couldnt stand it..i dont need to be in the fucking movie.i wantd to watch the movie.. not feel like i am on roller coaster

the theater is nice tho
4dx reminds me of a Disney World (Orlando Fla, maybe elsewhere) ride they had in the early 90's. You were in a lab where scientists were working on some new technology and accidentally teleported a Huge Alien into the little theater. The seats spun, misted, spritzed water, little air jets, had a little spike that came out, and jabbed you in the back (it freaking hurt). After a year or so they shut it down because of the complaints that it was too scary. Anyone here remember it?

Funny how old that tech is and it has recently been introduced into movie theaters.
Still here, in country...
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

He's a real Nazi?? I'm not picking on him, but whenever I see his name, every time for a split second I see Big Dike. I googled out of curiosity since you said he was a real Nazi, what Daikon is. I learned it's a type of radish. So now I'll see Big Radish.
Still here, in country...
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Ravensnest wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:08 pm
He's a real Nazi?? I'm not picking on him, but whenever I see his name, every time for a split second I see Big Dike. I googled out of curiosity since you said he was a real Nazi, what Daikon is. I learned it's a type of radish. So now I'll see Big Radish.
hahah maybe i was a bit rough. i was just combining it cause he was mentioning my lack of grammar as if i am writing a fucking thesis. But in a past post he was mentioning how he is concerned about equality and how we might not like the results..... Again maybe that was above and beyond on my end.if so, i apologize. It just seemed like he was on my ass about the way i expressed myself...so my bad @Big Daikon
Last edited by BklynBoy on Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:19 pm
Correction Bot wrote:So you are both a real Nazi and a grammar Nazi? That's very funny, okay my friend, two for one - nice.
There's no need to go crazy on the grammar etc on informal internet chat forums. However you could respect the protocols and at least punctuate your sentences just so your audience can understand?

Just having a laugh dude... 8-)
i agree...I get lazy and then no matter what i say can be misunderstood. Fair enough.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Ravensnest wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:02 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:51 am last summer went to the movies at Aeon Mall 1... i messed up and bought some ticket and hated it.. the fucking chairs move along w the action .. i forget what the experience is called but i couldnt stand it..i dont need to be in the fucking movie.i wantd to watch the movie.. not feel like i am on roller coaster

the theater is nice tho
4dx reminds me of a Disney World (Orlando Fla, maybe elsewhere) ride they had in the early 90's. You were in a lab where scientists were working on some new technology and accidentally teleported a Huge Alien into the little theater. The seats spun, misted, spritzed water, little air jets, had a little spike that came out, and jabbed you in the back (it freaking hurt). After a year or so they shut it down because of the complaints that it was too scary. Anyone here remember it?

Funny how old that tech is and it has recently been introduced into movie theaters.
I remember that ride. It was an alien that breaks out of the lab, hot air breathing on the back of your neck like the damn thing was right behind you. Some excellent 3D sound system that made you feel it was right there, growling in your ear. Then the warm water spray when the freaking alien got mad and started fighting back against the team sent in to capture/kill it. It was a great ride, especially as you were locked in your bloody chair and couldn’t scarper out of there!!!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The closest thing to a cinema might be a giant 75" screen in your living room. Organize some buckets of popcorn and soda. Then get half the neighborhood to come in and walk back and forth between you and the screen while uttering expletives and giggling whenever someone gets brutally murdered. It's not always that bad but you get the picture..
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

BklynBoy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:18 am beyond on my end.if so, i apologize. It just seemed like he was on my ass about the way i expressed myself...so my bad @Big Daikon
No biggie. Just razzing you on your writing style, not the content. It seems rambling and stoned. Rough to read.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic