Valentine's day rape

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Valentine's day rape

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

There was a case recently where a husband was convicted of raping his wife.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/wo ... 80575.html
Using Tapatalk
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

The Add Jay wrote:Mekong obviously is still pissy about my comments months ago. So this one is for you Buddy!!

Back to being serious and enough of me acknowledging a man whose brain is more perforated then a U.S soldier's getting off a landing craft at Normandy.

Take a look at whats happening. You got women now who are claiming rape just because they feel guilty about sleeping with a guy who isnt too there liking. So instead of feeling guilty they blame the man. And because women are not equal. The courts rule in their favor almost 100% of the time. This is fact. I can ask any divorced guy about the horror they go through in alimony and other cost.
I don't even remember our conversation 3 months ago, but three posts in a row with nothing but insults suggests you're the one who is pissy.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Samouth wrote:
Jacket wrote:
Samouth wrote:
Jacket wrote:
Samouth wrote:It is true that young cambodian go to have sex on Valentineday. To me, i really don't feel that they were raped or whatever. If she doesn't want to have sex with him, why didn't she ask him to bring her home, not continue to hotel or guesthouse.
I get that this is the Khmer attitude to this issue, but it's highly problematic. People are allowed to change their minds you know? If a girl says that she'll sleep with you tomorrow but she changes her mind shortly before the act, you are not entitled to fuck her. Even if both of you are already naked and you're about to put it in, if she says "no" that must be the end of it. If you proceed and have sex with her against her will, you are a rapist.
Yes i am feeling sick about this. Sometime rape cases in Cambodia are so funny. Some people, they went to guesthouse together and enjoyed stuff together. Then the day after, she reported to police that she was raped and demanded for compensation.
I'm sure that that happens sometimes. But for me at least, the issue at hand is not how many girls actually get raped on valentine's day. It's more that it seems to be acceptable to say "Yeah, I'd fuck a girl against her will."
Men and women here alike (my wife is pretty much agreeing with what you're saying) are so indiferent and so unempathetic towards the well-being of their fellow human beings it's kind of concerning actually. In general, even if they don't say it, the S.E. Asian spirit seems to be "It's OK to abuse people for your own gain."

Goes right back to my argument about the Asians being behind the curve when it comes to humanism.
i am 100 % agree with you. When it comes to humanism, Cambodia has nothing. It is really easy for tycoon and rich Cambodians to get or buy younger virgin Cambodians. Even though sometime they don't agree with the deal, but those people will do whatever to fulfill their wish.

Right it's really ok to abuse people for your own gain in Cambodian, especially when you have money and power. i think i don't need to give you some examples as you might have seen a lots, since you are living in Cambodia.
But do you feel this is how it should be?
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Mrs Stroppy wrote:There was a case recently where a husband was convicted of raping his wife.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/wo ... 80575.html
Well, from the article it sounds like that is a pretty clear case of rape. The secret videoing takes it to a whole different level of creepy.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

MekongMouse. It shouldn't be like this. I wish Cambodia has a better society.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Samouth wrote:
Jacket wrote:
Samouth wrote:It is true that young cambodian go to have sex on Valentineday. To me, i really don't feel that they were raped or whatever. If she doesn't want to have sex with him, why didn't she ask him to bring her home, not continue to hotel or guesthouse.
I get that this is the Khmer attitude to this issue, but it's highly problematic. People are allowed to change their minds you know? If a girl says that she'll sleep with you tomorrow but she changes her mind shortly before the act, you are not entitled to fuck her. Even if both of you are already naked and you're about to put it in, if she says "no" that must be the end of it. If you proceed and have sex with her against her will, you are a rapist.
Yes i am feeling sick about this. Sometime rape cases in Cambodia are so funny. Some people, they went to guesthouse together and enjoyed stuff together. Then the day after, she reported to police that she was raped and demanded for compensation.
This is exactly what I stated. Whatever.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

If you use your financial power to abuse and manipulate what you want especially those living in poverty of a certain age, to my eyes you are a rapist. Even when he or she says yes.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Jacket
Expatriate
Austria

Post by Jacket »

flying chicken wrote:If you use your financial power to abuse and manipulate what you want especially those living in poverty of a certain age, to my eyes you are a rapist. Even when he or she says yes.
So, in other words "people who go to prostitutes are rapists."
Is that what you're saying?
Bei der Weiterbildung; in der Todeszone.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Jacket wrote:
flying chicken wrote:If you use your financial power to abuse and manipulate what you want especially those living in poverty of a certain age, to my eyes you are a rapist. Even when he or she says yes.
So, in other words "people who go to prostitutes are rapists."
Is that what you're saying?
No. Let me put it this way: if you see someone starving or in dire of financial situation putting themselves out there...can you get yourself to do it?
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

LTOs and mekongmike debate in the earlier pages are mind provoking. I.e. Where do we think it is acceptable between rape and consensus? It depends what mind set you are coming from.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic