Hangover cure

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Hangover cure

Post by Anchor Moy »

Last night's pizza leftovers usually works for me. Haven't got an oven right now so I eat it cold. Spinach and cheese is my go to, but anything's good.
Actually, it depends on the hangover. Sometimes greasy food is what you need, other times you need light and easy stuff like fruit and water. I used to have a bush of rosemary in my garden, and that makes a radical herbal tea for when nothing else will go down. (You can even feel your liver going "WTF" ! as you drink it :head shot: )
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

This is a little late BUT; I worked in the middle of bum fuck nowhere. After a week or 2 at work. You had to have a breakout and hit it (booze) hard usually! we had a few stupid sayings like 8 before 8 pm you'll be ok and 10 before 10 pm 12 before 12 or for those who used the 24 hour clock 22 before 2200 hours etc you will be ok in the morning, you get the picture.... the only one I took notice of (that worked for me) Was drink and dine before you recline! So if you can stomach alot of food and water (not more alcohol) before you sleep! I feel I woke up feeling alot better! It worked for me! Good luck
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

As a teenager (fearless, mindless, reckless and above all, indestructible) I noticed that hangovers were horrible, huge and to be avoided. Until next time...
As time went by, I noticed that hangovers never really got any worse, they just lasted longer.
Then- hangover measured in hours
Later- hangover measured in days?

1-2 big glasses of water before bed/loss of consciousness. Cancel the next 24 hrs. Steak sandwich (at the bar)
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

I can never understand the appeal of hotdogs, airy bread, tasteless mystery meat sausage that needs to be drowned in ketchup and mustard to add any flavor, and not filling at all. Give me a proper sandwich with fried Cumberland sausages, a fried egg (with the yolk runny) and tinned tomato’s, all in a floury bun.
Regarding a hangover cure, three or four packets of salt & vinegar crisps ( the regular size packets not family size) never fails for me.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

i there a beaufort scale for hangovers?
none of these cures handle much beyond force 7-8

monstra mihi bona!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Chad Sexington wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:04 pm I can never understand the appeal of hotdogs, airy bread, tasteless mystery meat sausage that needs to be drowned in ketchup and mustard to add any flavor, and not filling at all. Give me a proper sandwich with fried Cumberland sausages, a fried egg (with the yolk runny) and tinned tomato’s, all in a floury bun.
Regarding a hangover cure, three or four packets of salt & vinegar crisps ( the regular size packets not family size) never fails for me.
tinned tomato’s,
:facepalm:

You must be from north of Watford gap?

Anyway, I have found a 100% cure for a hangover yesterday. Not pouring pints of piss down my neck the day before. It's a miracle...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Phnom Poon wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:21 pm i there a beaufort scale for hangovers?
none of these cures handle much beyond force 7-8
I think there should be.

As a rule of thumb, when I have been on it in a big way, if I wake up the next day and feel ok, surprisingly ok, I know I am in for a bad day. Still being a bit pissed at 8am and thinking that you have got away with it is a cruel self deception. The full horror kicks is about 12pm and often a second wave again at about 5pm.
Shazza
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Shazza »

Don't say that doc67,I've only got 25 minutes to go, F**k I'm crook 🥂 never again
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Shazza wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:36 am Don't say that doc67,I've only got 25 minutes to go, F**k I'm crook 🥂
never again
Until about 5pm...
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

bumping this a little but forgot to mention I met up with @General Mackevili in Coney Island like a week ago we went to Nathans.. was fun
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic