Hangover cure

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Kratom123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Hangover cure

Post by Kratom123 »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:35 pm I am a bit of a foodie and will happily spend 30 hours preparing a beef bourguignon. But when it's comes to a quick fix for a hangover, this is quick, simple and as effective as anything else I have tried. Apart from more booze, obviously.

Hangover cure, i dont think so
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Kratom123 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:57 am Hangover cure, i dont think so
it works as an emetic

monstra mihi bona!
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:59 pm
Doc67 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:35 pm I am a bit of a foodie and will happily spend 30 hours preparing a beef bourguignon. But when it's comes to a quick fix for a hangover, this is quick, simple and as effective as anything else I have tried. Apart from more booze, obviously.

Take away the onions
add, sweet pickle relish and chilli
YES!
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
Shazza
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Shazza »

Put your big boy pants on, and man up, xxx.Tropa.xX,for F**k sake, lollie water, THAT won't make your hair curly 🥂
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Shazza wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:57 am Put your big boy pants on, and man up, xxx.Tropa.xX,for F**k sake, lollie water, THAT won't make your hair curly 🥂
righto mate... :good:
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Best hangover cure for me is sauerkraut. Remember old people who drunk a big glass of the "water" from sauerkraut pot for hangover cure. back home.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:07 am Image
Same, in Perrier sparkling water. The bubbles will rip your throat for the best.
Veggie Indian food works fine for me, to fill the flooded food pipe after that, then cold shower and go to bed.

Boeuf bourguignon is cooked with red wine, it's a bit backwardish but hey when it's cooked with passion it might just gives your belly some satisfaction after all...
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:03 am
truffledog wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:58 pm

you must truly hate your body..after giving it too much booze you feed it with such a lousy sandwich...
Ha ha, I thiught it would be a Frenchman who be the first to make such a comment, but I can see that it would be just as offensive to an Italian.
A prosciutto, tomato, mozzarella and basil pesto panini would be my first choice, but try and assemble that when all you have is Luckys, Super Duper et al...
I knew you where fishing for comments from real foodies on that lousy piece of food. There is some fine food available in every minimarket (bread & cheese for example). Add a slice of tomato and a fried egg and you have a delicious cheese "hangover" sandwich. The meat used for them sausages is the worst of bad. Even dogfood may be better quality.
work is for people who cant find truffles
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

@truffledog

To be fair good cheese is not so easy to find, and when it is found pretty pricey.

Not sure I'd waste that to settle a stomach.

Some shit meat full of grease and I'm good to go
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

cautious colin wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:56 pm @truffledog

To be fair good cheese is not so easy to find, and when it is found pretty pricey.

Not sure I'd waste that to settle a stomach.

Some shit meat full of grease and I'm good to go
Can’t go wrong with a good, wholesome doner kebab. That’ll cure all ills 🤣
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic