When the raggedy old guy acting up surprises you

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: When the raggedy old guy acting up surprises you

Post by Brody »

IraHayes wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:58 am place them in the "hard up" group.
It gives you a sense of comfort to mentally place people in "groups" doesn't it? Then you know where everyone's place is and you can react to them and judge them accordingly.

That's pretty sad, IraHayes.

People are complex animals and there is an infinite number of possibilities that could have contributed to this guy muttering to himself, causing you to get so flustered that you felt compelled to create a thread on CEO dedicated to it.

He could be going through a contentious divorce

His could have a troubled son in jail

There could have been a death in his family and he is going through vicious probate hearings with his estranged sister.

He may be dealing with an idiotic business partner

Or

He may be a "nutter" with a nice car, like you described.

The fact that you see fit to judge and categorize people so swiftly says a lot more about you than it does about some guy having a bad day.

People with attitudes like you Ira perpetuate more suffering in this world..........a little more compassion, grace and understanding do more for our society than being snide c@nts who avoid eye contact and then scurry home to virtue signal to a bunch of strangers on the internet.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Brody wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:38 am
IraHayes wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:58 am place them in the "hard up" group.
It gives you a sense of comfort to mentally place people in "groups" doesn't it? Then you know where everyone's place is and you can react to them and judge them accordingly.

That's pretty sad, IraHayes.

People are complex animals and there is an infinite number of possibilities that could have contributed to this guy muttering to himself, causing you to get so flustered that you felt compelled to create a thread on CEO dedicated to it.

He could be going through a contentious divorce

His could have a troubled son in jail

There could have been a death in his family and he is going through vicious probate hearings with his estranged sister.

He may be dealing with an idiotic business partner

Or

He may be a "nutter" with a nice car, like you described.

The fact that you see fit to judge and categorize people so swiftly says a lot more about you than it does about some guy having a bad day.

People with attitudes like you Ira perpetuate more suffering in this world..........a little more compassion, grace and understanding do more for our society than being snide c@nts who avoid eye contact and then scurry home to virtue signal to a bunch of strangers on the internet.
Calm down Brody, While you jumping on Ira for judging and categorising people, you are doing exactly the same by categorising Ira 's attitude.

Let's all get back to attacking the message and not attacking the messenger .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

Austman wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:26 am
IraHayes wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:54 pm So, the setting (in case the guy recognises himself and offers an explanation)

Thai Hout, Monivong.
About mid morning
So,I look out the door and he’s only getting into a newish looking white 470/570 type SUV.
I seriously was like W.. T.. F!
So Mr Attitude...... if you read this please ... an explanation. Or are you always a dick in public?

Your impressed with someone who has a SUV. OK WOW. Cambodia still surprises me sometimes.

[/quote
IRA said ==== So Mr Attitude
Austman says<><><><> Hey thats enough of the name calling! And so harsh! So now we have established that i am from MARS and you are from VENUS ill just walk away!
Enjoy your post! and replies! Thankyou and have a nice day!
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Mis named topic. Should read...

"When a whole bunch of ragedy old men act up on CEO it should not surprise anybody. Better get used to it!"

lol
But i for one promise to try harder to keep all your poxy old personalities out of it - and stick to no holds barred attacks on your flocking criminally-ridiculous opinions about the issue at hand.

Well, i'm trying...
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:02 pm Mis named topic. Should read...

"When a whole bunch of ragedy old men act up on CEO it should not surprise anybody. Better get used to it!"

lol
But i for one promise to try harder to keep all your poxy old personalities out of it - and stick to no holds barred attacks on your flocking criminally-ridiculous opinions about the issue at hand.

Well, i'm trying...
I might be ragedy and poxy AND have flocking (ha aha) criminally -ridiculous opinions but hold up on the "OLD" bit!
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

if ur judging people by the way they dress, i feel sorry for you.

I lived and worked in Aspen Colorado for 4 winters and knew/meet lots of filthy rich people, none felt the need to dress to impress

as long as my clothes are washed and i dont smell... i am good to go...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

ramone wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:00 am I used to work at Le Royal. I remember some guy coming in wearing jeans and TShirt. He still looked loaded. Perhaps it was his haircut or his bearing. Hard to disguise wealth.
Any time I've been there most of the guests were dressed quite casually. Not many were mumbling to themselves or dribbling though.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:26 pm
ramone wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:00 am I used to work at Le Royal. I remember some guy coming in wearing jeans and TShirt. He still looked loaded. Perhaps it was his haircut or his bearing. Hard to disguise wealth.
Any time I've been there most of the guests were dressed quite casually. Not many were mumbling to themselves or dribbling though.
Certainly not until after the first hour of freeflow champagne had passed :beer3:

However, there have been plenty of well off guys who go unkempt and mutter to themselves, Howard Hughes being the richest one I can think of.

From the OP description here was an older guy muttering to himself, was he swearing? shouting? maybe he was rehearsing his shopping bill in his head or replaying that mornings conversation with his wife, except in this version he won the argument with a clever one line. Maybe he was at a comfortable stage in life when he didn't care what people thought of him.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Shit, maybe he was just talking on the phone. The OP was trying not to look at him in case he became crazy too, so who knows, lol.

Strange thread. Everyone can have off days. Live and let live.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Austman wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:15 pm I might be ragedy and poxy AND have flocking (ha aha) criminally -ridiculous opinions but hold up on the "OLD" bit!
I AM ragedy and poxy and old. No maybees about it. And everybody knows how ridiculous my opinions are.
But don't you dare call me RICH!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic