Under Armour Shop Siem Reap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Mezzanine
Tourist
Germany

Under Armour Shop Siem Reap

Post by Mezzanine »

Does anybody know if the products in the under armour shop with discounts about 80% now are original?
reggie perrin's dad
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Under Armour Shop Siem Reap

Post by reggie perrin's dad »

Fair question, they have some good stuff in there.

I don't know but the North Face jacket I bought upstairs there for 25 or so bucks has already lost a cosmetic trim from around the pockets. Not a big deal but the last North Face jacket I had had no significant issues 10 years after I bought it.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

All of the North Face stuff downtown that I've taken a minute to actually look at is totally fake, knock-off stuff.

I haven't looked at the UA stuff, but I would inspect carefully before buying if you'll be disappointed by knock-off.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

they will either be knockoffs or faulty/defected items,
do a bit of research online before you go shopping
videos like this...

some people arent concerned if its real or fake if its cheap,
you obviously do, so just take some time to know what to spot fake/real and buy with confidence
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

reggie perrin's dad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:21 pm Fair question, they have some good stuff in there.

I don't know but the North Face jacket I bought upstairs there for 25 or so bucks has already lost a cosmetic trim from around the pockets. Not a big deal but the last North Face jacket I had had no significant issues 10 years after I bought it.
I brought with me a Gore-Tex jacket to Cambodia, with having the rainy season thinking it’s appropriate. You, could say it is now a relatively old jacket now, has I purchased it at the back end of the 80s, due to my adventures, let’s say getting more technical, life of the jacket has seen rain hail and snow, in the three mountain areas of the UK plus various sea cliff rock climbs. With other outdoor pursuits, with the likes of canoe and kayak, sailing that of my teaching days. keeping me dry in the Indian Himalaya and the many visits to Thailand and Cambodia over rainy seasons. It’s been that of a good companion over many years, but now the Cambodian seasons, harsh and underestimated they can be at times, but have took their toll on the ever so, faithful jacket, or it could just be age.
I did think it could be the humidity that as caused the diminish of glue on the seam tape.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Probably real. There's a flash sale in Phnom Penh as well, all original. Old stock (2017-2018), quite common for companies to offload at local markets. Just check for obvious defects, it's usually pretty easy to spot a fake.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i bought a Lacoste Polo Shirt in the local market in Siem Reap back in early 2013, im guessing it was a fake as it only cost me $5, i wore it a lot when i first got it and i started wearing it as a works Tshirt on the building sites for the last 5 years, still in great condition, colours faded a bit now but other than that, cant fault it, if it was a fake it was a bloody good one haha
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:51 am i bought a Lacoste Polo Shirt in the local market in Siem Reap back in early 2013, im guessing it was a fake as it only cost me $5, i wore it a lot when i first got it and i started wearing it as a works Tshirt on the building sites for the last 5 years, still in great condition, colours faded a bit now but other than that, cant fault it, if it was a fake it was a bloody good one haha
I remember years ago like yourself buying Lacoste from Pattaya, think it was called Mike's on beach road, about 200bart I paid, still have them, last time I went Indians had bought mostly all those shops and the price went up.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I always thought the real stuff went out the front door of the factory where they are made, the fake stuff goes out the back door.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
reggie perrin's dad
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by reggie perrin's dad »

Cheers Jamie. From that I found a North Face video, I think by the same guy.
After watching it I still can't tell :?

I think it's either a good fake or a defective original.

I'm not bothered - I didn't buy it for the name but because it's a decent waterproof jacket.

Anyways, for what it's worth, they have some ok stuff in there - cheap and in large sizes. Caveat emptor - it might not be 100% kosher!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic