Just arrived into Phnom Penh

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Just arrived into Phnom Penh

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@D@Doc67 great news and what a fantastic trip report, thank you for sharing.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Welcome back Doc
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Powaline_Digi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Powaline_Digi »

That's great news. Thanks for the write up. Welcome back!
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

So you reckon a regular health insurance or travel insurance that has pandemic exclusion clauses hidden away in the small print would get past ? I have looked at a few basic policies and had to study them thoroughly to find out they exclude epidemics.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

lagrange wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:57 pm So you reckon a regular health insurance or travel insurance that has pandemic exclusion clauses hidden away in the small print would get past ? I have looked at a few basic policies and had to study them thoroughly to find out they exclude epidemics.
If you ask for a policy that specifically includes cover for COVID, more often than not you’ll be quoted a premium for the same. It’ll be higher, but you can get it.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

lagrange wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:57 pm So you reckon a regular health insurance or travel insurance that has pandemic exclusion clauses hidden away in the small print would get past ? I have looked at a few basic policies and had to study them thoroughly to find out they exclude epidemics.
I do. The barely looked at mine, but mine was issued by AG Cambodia on behalf of Globality and had a covering certificate stating it included Covid-19. But they barely looked at it.

The $3000 is effectively a way round having to deal with foreign insurance companies. The are going to have local ones do the insurance for $90 which should negate the need for the $3000.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50741790/m ... sm-easier/
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

As I said in my upvote, Brave man and brilliant report!

You're probably shattered and shell shocked now but a couple of questions when you're ready:

1. If I recall correctly, you arrived with an active Business visa and work permit?

2. Did you have the usual airline luggage allowances?

So yeah, what a relief, eh? Hope tomorrow you can walk out free and clear.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:38 pm As I said in my upvote, Brave man and brilliant report!

You're probably shattered and shell shocked now but a couple of questions when you're ready:

1. If I recall correctly, you arrived with an active Business visa and work permit?

2. Did you have the usual airline luggage allowances?

So yeah, what a relief, eh? Hope tomorrow you can walk out free and clear.
I had a new business vis issued in London. Valid for 3 months from date of issue but only valid for 1 month from arrival. No work permit needed for visa application, just an employment letter.

Normal luggage allowance, 23kg plus 10kg hand luggage.

I am now sitting and waiting results. One girl said earlier that maybe 2pm. At 2pm a young man said maybe 5 or 6pm. I just checked in case results were back and they were staggering the check outs and have been told maybe 12pm. "Man said, check in at 12, results by 12".

I do remember reading somewhere that one group got theirs by early evening the next day, i.e. 18-20 hours.

It's the longest wait...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

There is a light at the end of that tunnel... good luck.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic