Thailand people have changed is our fault. (us as tourists)

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Thailand people have changed is our fault. (us as tourists)

Post by AndyKK »

My first visit to Thailand I knew very little of the place, because of the time scale and planning of an holiday, was you could call none existent, I did contract work, and the companies I worked for were very secretive. But came the usual Friday email at 4.55pm that would let me know of my job location on Monday, but this was different (holiday 1 month). Straight from the email I was looking visa exempt countries, then I had my flight booked to Bangkok and hotel on Soi Sukhumvit, what was to know, I had seen the King and I. Yul Brynner, Deborah Kerr. Wow was I in for a shock going into my first bar. After 4 days I ended up in Pattaya and booked the hotel online. Going to an English run bar later, who had rooms I booked there for a day or two later thinking it maybe a good move, time to change hotel and check in the bar! Double booked my room so them, or rather the Thai girls being so friendly whisked me over the road to accommodation at a go-go bar. A very memorable first visit overall, and the people so very friendly.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand people have changed is our fault. (us as tourists)

Post by yong »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic