sad day for Hong Kong

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Sir Stephen
Expatriate
France

Re: sad day for Hong Kong

Post by Sir Stephen »

To prevent war, the best way is for other countries to unite in not buying Chinese product and stop trade with them. There are many other country that don't have expansionist ambition eg India, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, Korea etc that can over time replace Chinese supply lines.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Teddy1 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:47 pm And now the Chinese have a vaccine and are vaccinating their military.
They probably had the vaccine before they even released the virus.
That’s their thing. Create a problem and create a solution. Be the hero.
LOL<right and ur source is....
To prevent war, the best way is for other countries to unite in not buying Chinese product and stop trade with them
its not just buying products out of china ,its SELLING to the 1++ billion

On my reading list
China’s 5,000 year-old empire has become the world’s largest economy, with a plan to control the decisive technologies of the 21st century—and the United States is in danger of being left behind. America has finally recognized China’s bid for world dominance—but we’re still losing ground. Domination of the next generation of mobile broadband is just the tip of the spear.
China is taking control of the Fourth Industrial Revolution—the economy of artificial intelligence and quantum computing—just as America dominated the Third Industrial Revolution driven by the computer. Long in planning, China’s scheme erupted into public awareness when it emerged as the world leader in 5G internet
https://pjmedia.com/columns/david-p-gol ... ld-n595606
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:57 pm
Teddy1 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:47 pm And now the Chinese have a vaccine and are vaccinating their military.
They probably had the vaccine before they even released the virus.
That’s their thing. Create a problem and create a solution. Be the hero.
LOL<right and ur source is....
To prevent war, the best way is for other countries to unite in not buying Chinese product and stop trade with them
its not just buying products out of china ,its SELLING to the 1++ billion

On my reading list
China’s 5,000 year-old empire has become the world’s largest economy, with a plan to control the decisive technologies of the 21st century—and the United States is in danger of being left behind. America has finally recognized China’s bid for world dominance—but we’re still losing ground. Domination of the next generation of mobile broadband is just the tip of the spear.
China is taking control of the Fourth Industrial Revolution—the economy of artificial intelligence and quantum computing—just as America dominated the Third Industrial Revolution driven by the computer. Long in planning, China’s scheme erupted into public awareness when it emerged as the world leader in 5G internet
https://pjmedia.com/columns/david-p-gol ... ld-n595606
No vaccine yet, but trials are advancing.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-in ... -a-vaccine
Teddy1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Teddy1 »

My entire life can be summed up in one sentence:
"Well that didnt go as planned".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Is it the one listed in the vaccine tracker? Stage 2 trials. I don't think the Chinese military lads get a lot of choice in the matter!
Teddy1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Teddy1 »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:47 pm
Is it the one listed in the vaccine tracker? Stage 2 trials. I don't think the Chinese military lads get a lot of choice in the matter!
Poor soldiers, or lucky if its a good one. I dont want to go first.
My entire life can be summed up in one sentence:
"Well that didnt go as planned".
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

it's just the same in UK now - no freedom etc.. and it's not even a Corbyn government!
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

With England and Australia both openly offering short cuts to citizenship (plus others probably) for honk kong residents! it may be a "brain drain" with the best business minds and entrepreneurs leaving as quick as possible (asap) in fear of what may happen. Good luck to them; it would be a horrible situation to be in Austman
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:01 am China passes controversial Hong Kong security law :(
China has passed a controversial security law giving it new powers over Hong Kong, deepening fears for the city's freedoms, the BBC has learned.

It's not quite as if the HKers did not deserve it.

On the ground they are often a nasty piece of work.

Just try to do anything besides shopping there and then rummage around in the back pages of the South China Morning Post.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Austman wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:06 pm With England and Australia both openly offering short cuts to citizenship (plus others probably) for honk kong residents! it may be a "brain drain" with the best business minds and entrepreneurs leaving as quick as possible (asap) in fear of what may happen. Good luck to them; it would be a horrible situation to be in Austman
China (and HK) citizens can’t have duel citizenship by law. If HKers choose to accept this UK citizenship they will not be protected by the UK embassy whilst in HK or China. (This also goes for when they accepted it in 97).

I doubt there will be many takers.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic