Thoughts on medical app that allow online appointment plus rate and review system for both locals and expats?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Thoughts on medical app that allow online appointment plus rate and review system for both locals and expats?

Post by Doc67 »

capuccino wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:29 pm
Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:37 pm Just be careful of the defamation laws in Cambodia.
We're also a bit scared of these complications so we might have to think more about who can and cannot review. The user needs to verify their identifications in order to have access to the review. but thanks for the reminder!
You might consider only allowing positive reviews to provide details. For the doctors. clinics or hospitals with negative reviews you could just list them with a notation of 1 or more negative reviews which could affect the overall rating. If a clinic has one good (detailed) review but 5 red X's, that should be enough of a warning.

It won't satisfy those hell bent on a 3 page in depth revenge rant, but nobody reads them anyway. You might be able to skirt round the defamation laws with this tactic, but no promises, it is a bit of a fig leaf defence.
capuccino
Tourist
Cambodia

Re: Thoughts on medical app that allow online appointment plus rate and review system for both locals and expats?

Post by capuccino »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:47 pm
Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:37 pm Just be careful of the defamation laws in Cambodia.
We're also a bit scared of these complications so we might have to think more about who can and cannot review. The user needs to verify their identifications in order to have access to the review. but thanks for the reminder!
You might consider only allowing positive reviews to provide details. For the doctors. clinics or hospitals with negative reviews you could just list them with a notation of 1 or more negative reviews which could affect the overall rating. If a clinic has one good (detailed) review but 5 red X's, that should be enough of a warning.

It won't satisfy those hell bent on a 3 page in depth revenge rant, but nobody reads them anyway. You might be able to skirt round the defamation laws with this tactic, but no promises, it is a bit of a fig leaf defence.

I was thinking about the stars system on aspects of the business like bedside manners, price, and comfort.. similar to the Grab's system.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

capuccino wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:58 pm
Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:47 pm

I was thinking about the stars system on aspects of the business like bedside manners, price, and comfort.. similar to the Grab's system.
Perhaps start with their medical qualifications, and work down from there. Let them upload them and verify them.
TaxKHpro
Tourist
United States of America

Post by TaxKHpro »

Around two weeks ago, a startup company entered one of ImpactHub's contests. They proposed this very idea, with the addition of a transport network that will dispatch an ambulance to pick you up.

I am sure if you check IH's Facebook page, you can find their presentation.
AseanTax.com- we save you time (90%) to be exact.

We’re online tax calculation software.

Print all your completed monthly tax declaration forms in Khmer.

https://nbokh.com/how-it-works
capuccino
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by capuccino »

TaxKHpro wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:03 pm Around two weeks ago, a startup company entered one of ImpactHub's contests. They proposed this very idea, with the addition of a transport network that will dispatch an ambulance to pick you up.

I am sure if you check IH's Facebook page, you can find their presentation.
We have no idea, thanks for the heads up. We're already in development and almost done so I hope the launch date will not be on the same day :pardon:
TaxKHpro
Tourist
United States of America

Post by TaxKHpro »

Wow, that's great! I believe the aforementioned is just a 'concept'. They were pitching their idea for seed money.

Do you have any links you can share about your app/site?

capuccino
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by capuccino »

TaxKHpro wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:26 pm Wow, that's great! I believe the aforementioned is just a 'concept'. They were pitching their idea for seed money.

Do you have any links you can share about your app/site?
Actually yes, our app is still being debugged right now but our website is: doctorheal.online. If you know any health professionals that you want to recommend, feel free to message me their contact info so we can contact them to be on our app.
TaxKHpro
Tourist
United States of America

Post by TaxKHpro »

OK, well done.

daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

I've been skeptical about the claims that defamation is such a huge problem in Cambodia, but expect that as a business you may be very risk averse.

Defamation cases against the one who makes the criticism is one thing, but I'm not yet aware of a service provider that provides a forum being sued for defamation. That's a step even further.

I would say the opposite option is possible- allow people to make anonymous reviews because then they cannot easily be sued. You could also link to a multinational platform like Google Maps (with business reviews). I doubt Google would respond to a request for info on a user in a petty defamation complaint.

May be a good idea to consult with a lawyer on whether some kind of disclaimer (our site is not responsible for the comments of its users) would protect you.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

this idea features at almost every single hackathon
so it must be good

there are a few sites already trying it worldwide
no idea if they make money, but
review quality and authenticity are big issues
success will be all about community building i think

the lawyer version would surely be defamation-suited to death

monstra mihi bona!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic