Cash for Cadavars in the USA

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Cash for Cadavars in the USA

Post by Doc67 »

The IRS Sent $1.4 Billion in Stimulus Checks to Dead People.

It seems this was intentional. As long as you filed your 2019 tax return you got your check, regardless of the fact you were dead. They even marked checks DECD*

This year, the federal government sent more than 1 million coronavirus relief checks to dead people. The miserly busybodies at the Government Accountability Office (GAO) released a complaint about this inadvertent “cash for cadavers” program Thursday, and now a bunch of news outlets are stoking outrage over Uncle Sam’s giant handout to Big Dead.

Here’s what happened: Back in March, the economy was collapsing, tens of millions of Amerians were in the process of losing their jobs, and Congress passed a giant relief bill to keep households solvent during the hard times to come.

The rapid onset of the economic crisis posed a logistical challenge to the IRS. Americans needed cash relief yesterday, but the agency did not have the payment infrastructure in place to immediately deposit $1,200 into every eligible resident’s bank account. Meanwhile, ensuring that no ineligible Americans were mistakenly sent relief would require a time-consuming review process.

So the agency opted to err on the side of not letting poor Americans go hungry. In practice, this involved, among other things, sending payments to nearly 1.1 million Americans who had perished between filing a 2018 or 2019 tax return and April 2020.

Such payments were dispersed for two main reasons. First, IRS lawyers initially interpreted the legislation as mandating the delivery of relief payments to Americans who’d paid their 2019 taxes, irrespective of their burial status

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... r-BB15Yy0a
*https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/irs-s ... r-BB13KQIj
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cash for Cadavars in the USA

Post by DaveG »

After 3 months here I feel dead...Wonder if I can claim 1200 dollars in compensation for having to put up with this shit show of total incompetence by Bojo and his mates... :BangHead:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

DaveG wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:16 pm After 3 months here I feel dead...Wonder if I can claim 1200 dollars in compensation for having to put up with this shit show of total incompetence by Bojo and his mates... :BangHead:
The pubs are open next Saturday. Have you booked your table yet? Downloaded your app to order a beer?

Local pubs already booked up on July 4 as punters warned you won’t get in without a reservation

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/11931822 ... servation/
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:24 pm
DaveG wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:16 pm After 3 months here I feel dead...Wonder if I can claim 1200 dollars in compensation for having to put up with this shit show of total incompetence by Bojo and his mates... :BangHead:
The pubs are open next Saturday. Have you booked your table yet? Downloaded your app to order a beer?

Local pubs already booked up on July 4 as punters warned you won’t get in without a reservation

Had a chat with the landlady of my local yesterday. She said that they are not going to enforce the use of the app.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Yerg wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:40 pm

Had a chat with the landlady of my local yesterday. She said that they are not going to enforce the use of the app.
Actually, one of my locals isn't either. They have had nobody from officialdom visit them or advise them. They are just going to open and see what happens. Chaos probably, but with others staying on the green opposite, in their fold-up garden chairs, drinking at £1.2 a pint.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:05 pm
Yerg wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:40 pm

Actually, one of my locals isn't either. They have had nobody from officialdom visit them or advise them. They are just going to open and see what happens. Chaos probably, but with others staying on the green opposite, in their fold-up garden chairs, drinking at £1.2 a pint.
It's a free for all anyway now..Nobody is giving a fuck about any lockdown shite anymore..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53208632
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Yep, use an app to order a beer all you neozombie/ants/robots and don't squeak a peep.
You asked for it. You were the new adopters. You threw out your humaness oh so quickly, oh so easily.

Ffs, didn't you see it would come to this?
My alianation from the modern world is now complete.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:53 am Yep, use an app to order a beer all you neozombie/ants/robots and don't squeak a peep.
You asked for it. You were the new adopters. You threw out your humaness oh so quickly, oh so easily.

Ffs, didn't you see it would come to this?
My alianation from the modern world is now complete.
Won’t be using an app Stern. Don’t you worry about that. Nice little backwater pub in the sticks. Landlord and lady know all the regulars by name, and what we drink, so all will be good here in the boondocks!!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Yep Yerg...
In the dark days already descending it is the duty of all us remaining good men (and shealas) to hold alive a few candles of our imperlled human civilisation in lonely outposts like rowdy lttle british backwater pubs and quietly crazy remote cambodian coastlines where The App still don't rule and never will.
fuck The Machine.

( i don't think it is going to last too much longer anyway,
despite everybody's plans... chuckle)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic