Budget life housing advice

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Budget life housing advice

Post by cambo swa »

Duncan wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:46 am One good plus for Kampot is there are some good size fish in the river which would save you $$ every month with the food bill. Not only that but fishing is a great way of relaxing and beats entertaining yourself in a bar talking bullshit to other expats.
Speaking of shit, that is what those fish are living in from the raw sewage flowing into the Praek Tuek Chhu River. But, with the budget you require Kampot is a good option, but no fishing. Best wishes.
Roadie
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Roadie »

Battambang is a good place to live but a long haul for regular visits to PP. Kampong Cham and Kampong Chhnang are also good places that are closer to PP. All three are relatively low tourist places so living cheap is easier. I hope it all comes good for you.
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase: (Aust 3 . 0 . 3 )
Mate ,camp out in Kampong Spue ,only 50 km from the bigsmoke ,heaps of bush to set up camp, & its. FREE.
This will allow you to donate even more. $ $ $ to your ex - wife's extended family.
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Many rooms for sub $150 around. Check Khmer24.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:04 am
Imnotasiain wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:59 pm
Kammekor wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:19 pm Assuming you’re talking about Phnom Penh I’d say chances are small you will find a room with decent wifi allowing streaming video for that price. Maybe consider a temporary move to a provincial city?
Yes I'm currently in Phnom Penh. Provinces are an option. I don't necessarily know how to go about that given that I only know people within PP. Do you have any in mind from personal experience?
I guess it mainly depends on how often you want to visit your kid.
And what health risks your kid is likely to have travelling after heart surgery and the availability of local medical resources including medicines for the child. Sharing may not be ideal as it would increse the risk of secondary infections from housemates. Sad position
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic