Thai hotels that survived the pandemic now face a price war

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Thai hotels that survived the pandemic now face a price war

Post by Doc67 »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:12 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:57 pm
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:02 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:35 am whats wrong with the local bus to Ekkamai?
It's the other side of Pattaya for me in Jomtien which is a hassle I don't need for a pleasure trip, whereas the Airport bus service is literally door to door from my condo.
You must be near Frasers. Is that place open yet? Surviving?
Yes Frasers is my local just downstairs for me 😁, was in there last night and it was steady but like everywhere nothing like before. Being a Sports bar with not much sport on yet doesn't help. Hopefully it can tick over and weather the storm.
I hope so too, a good well run place. I used the place when I was in Pattaya in Oct-Nov 2017 when I wanted to get away from all the nonsense in Pattaya central. I liked their happy hour offers and, of course, a beer on Norm at 4.30 on a Saturday, a nice touch.
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Robins »

Has anyone seen the prices on Agoda for Bangkok hotels? As soon as the Government promised to pump money into some program to encourage domestic tourism they went higher in some cases than before COVID.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

Robins wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:01 am Has anyone seen the prices on Agoda for Bangkok hotels? As soon as the Government promised to pump money into some program to encourage domestic tourism they went higher in some cases than before COVID.
Agoda is shit, try Booking
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

alexvanlaar wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:52 pm
Robins wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:01 am Has anyone seen the prices on Agoda for Bangkok hotels? As soon as the Government promised to pump money into some program to encourage domestic tourism they went higher in some cases than before COVID.
Their both within a few $$ of each other and BOTH, although run independently, are owned by Booking Holdings Inc
along with Priceline, Kayak, cheap flights and others

Best to check both :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Robins »

alexvanlaar wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:52 pm
Booking dotcom is owned by the same company, the Price Group in the USA, but thanks for the tip. I've found booking cheaper for the USA and Agoda better for Asia but there are frequent exceptions.
ramone
Tourist
Samoa

Post by ramone »

Agoda quote their rates minus tax, so they look better than Booking, until the final amount is declared. I also thought Booking was run buy some Dutch company, but now I see that's just where their HQ is. There's surely some bargains out there, if people could travel.
Country
Tourist
Philippines

Post by Country »

Thai hotels that survived the pandemic now face a price war :D :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic