Riot In Brixton England - Police run for their life

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Riot In Brixton England - Police run for their life

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:57 pm You won't find that video on the BBC.

The Notting Hill Carnival is due at the end of August, always a potential flashpoint, and just in time for a second spike of Covid-19. Let's see if Mayor Khan has got the balls to cancel it.
Spoiler:
Not a chance in hell
It was announced that if was canceled around 8 weeks ago, lol
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

xandreu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:49 pm I'm not saying there isn't racism in the UK, of course there's racism everywhere, but it seems like a very convenient fall-back to blame all of your life failures on the fact that you're a black person living in a racist society.

I lived in the UK almost all of my life and have lost count of the number of companies and organisations I've worked for. Each and every one had black employees who were treated no different whatsoever to anyone else. I made some very good friends of ethnic origins through these companies and not once did any of them ever say to me that they felt they were being held back because of the colour of their skin. I'm sure the BLM movement would counteract that with "Well they wouldn't would they? You're a white privileged male. Why would they speak to you about race issues?" but believe me, they would have. The fact that many of these companies had black or ethnic people in some very senior positions should tell you that people aren't held back in the UK because of the colour of their skin.

They're held back because they don't have the ability to do the job. Simple as that. And that is as true for white people as it is black people as it is for everyone.

As I said, of course racism exists, but, in the UK at least, it just isn't anywhere near the problem it is in the US, and it seems to me that people are simply jumping on the George Floyd bandwagon and blaming every single one of their life's failures on the fact that they're black, rather than the fact that they lack ambition and drive - a character trait that exists in many people, regardless of the colour of their skin.

But then, I'm a white privileged male so what do I know eh?
That' a very good assessment of the reality in the UK.

Blacks have equality of education and employment opportunity. What they don't have is equality of outcomes. Nobody does, outcomes are earned, not gifted.

Asians (Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi etc) do very well in the UK and a growing number of eastern European kids, particularly Polish, are now entering university having grown up in the UK for up to 15 years now after arriving as primary schoolkids from 2004. They are mostly thriving in their mother & father & discipline & work ethic family environments.

But this comparison and all what Xandreu said wouldn't gets any media traction, you wouldn't be able to get that view broadcast or printed. The media has been full of celebrities and big companies playing kiss-ass to the BLM mob trying desperately to avoid even being looked at, let alone being scrutinised by the leaders of the gang. The truth is many don't really care, but they must have their BLM credentials approved so they are out of the line of fire. This is beyond racism, it is solely a black issue and it is completely toxic to any non black politician who expresses anything other than complete agreement and fawning praise for the black community.

There are some ugly facts about black communities; they under achieve compared to all other racial groups, and always have, and they are overwhelmingly anti police. Drugs, both usage and dealing, gang membership and crime is prevalent among male youth and being uneducated and ignorant is all the qualifications you need. Mix this in with sycophantic politicians and community leaders who go along with their narrative of the racism and victimhood and this negative view of the world is bred into the UK black culture generation upon generation.

Last edited by Doc67 on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

fairly sure the softly softly, UK police approach will toughen up soon , won't it?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:27 pm
Doc67 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:57 pm You won't find that video on the BBC.

The Notting Hill Carnival is due at the end of August, always a potential flashpoint, and just in time for a second spike of Covid-19. Let's see if Mayor Khan has got the balls to cancel it.
Spoiler:
Not a chance in hell
It was announced that if was canceled around 8 weeks ago, lol
Whoops,, I missed that bit of good news
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

God'sGift wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:38 pm fairly sure the softly softly, UK police approach will toughen up soon , won't it?
Not a chance!!
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

xandreu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:49 pm I'm not saying there isn't racism in the UK, of course there's racism everywhere, but it seems like a very convenient fall-back to blame all of your life failures on the fact that you're a black person living in a racist society.

I lived in the UK almost all of my life and have lost count of the number of companies and organisations I've worked for. Each and every one had black employees who were treated no different whatsoever to anyone else. I made some very good friends of ethnic origins through these companies and not once did any of them ever say to me that they felt they were being held back because of the colour of their skin. I'm sure the BLM movement would counteract that with "Well they wouldn't would they? You're a white privileged male. Why would they speak to you about race issues?" but believe me, they would have. The fact that many of these companies had black or ethnic people in some very senior positions should tell you that people aren't held back in the UK because of the colour of their skin.

They're held back because they don't have the ability to do the job. Simple as that. And that is as true for white people as it is black people as it is for everyone.

As I said, of course racism exists, but, in the UK at least, it just isn't anywhere near the problem it is in the US, and it seems to me that people are simply jumping on the George Floyd bandwagon and blaming every single one of their life's failures on the fact that they're black, rather than the fact that they lack ambition and drive - a character trait that exists in many people, regardless of the colour of their skin.

But then, I'm a white privileged male so what do I know eh?
https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/06/1 ... HTwTrX_NPs
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:37 pm [

Blacks have equality of education and employment opportunity. What they don't have is equality of outcomes. Nobody does, outcomes are earned, not gifted.
No equality in the event of a dispute with an employer. The likely compensation payable to a black employee will be far greater than that payable to a white employee in an otherwise similar scenario (assuming discrimination can be worked into the claim somehow). Same is true for disabled and LGBTQ, to be fair.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Alex wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:13 pm ... the NHS-perpetrated mass euthanasia of care home residents...
Are you going to back that up with some clear fact, or just some obscure innuendo?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:57 pm

No equality in the event of a dispute with an employer. The likely compensation payable to a black employee will be far greater than that payable to a white employee in an otherwise similar scenario (assuming discrimination can be worked into the claim somehow). Same is true for disabled and LGBTQ, to be fair.
Fair point, such employment protection could be construed as a barrier to employment, ironically. There is no time requirement either for racial discrimination so if you fall short of the 2 year period for unfair dismissal, you can go for racial discrimination instead, and unlimited compensation. Very few employers, especially small ones, want to run the risk of an unfavourable outcome in such a case and faced with irrecoverable legal costs it is easier to settle the case without publicity.

The problem with employment protection like that is it makes a black female of child bearing age a legally risky employee. Those laws are baked in now and nobody will ever suggest changing them, so young black females are stuck with them. The road to hell is paved with good intention.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:57 pm

The man involved with that airplane stunt in Burnley was sacked even though the police said he had not broken the law. I am trying to imagine what would have happened had a black employee been sacked for a similar reason, IE supporting BLM ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic