Employee Health Insurance - not on offer?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
justnathania
Tourist
Indonesia

Re: Employee Health Insurance - not on offer?

Post by justnathania »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:13 pm
Not familiar with private sector salaries but it sounds like a good deal to me. You can shop around for an insurance policy, not sure if they are actually covering costs related to Covid or not.
Wait what? In Indonesia, not only private insurance from my company covers Covid, the national healthcare (similar to NSSF) also covers it!
OK, noted on that. I'll keep that in mind when I shop around, thank you!

Username Taken wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:28 pm
I didn't say that it's not the norm here to ask about current salary. It is normal here, but I don't think it is relevant and isn't a question they need to ask. In my opinion what an applicant's current salary is is none of their business.

If you're currently on 1.6K, then 3K is good. Go for it. :thumb:
Yeah, I'm learning now that I could've kept my current salary private. Lesson learned for the future.
I'm already keen on taking the offer based on the salary and the job scope. The last thing I need to make sure is if the lack of health insurance will be a problem.

I guess I'll need to shop around for health insurance on my own then. I'm disappointed that I can't get one from the company but I see now that not all companies has health covered.
Also it's reassuring to know that healthcare is affordable to the point of some people can get by paying out of pocket instead of relying on insurance.

Thanks you all! if there's anything else I need to know about the health insurance situation, do share. I'll be forever grateful :D
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Employee Health Insurance - not on offer?

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Try this one https://compare.aplusii.com/home

If I put 40 yrs old, hospitalization only, from USA and in Cambodia, Southeast Asia coverage only

Can pay under $1K a year for $400K of hospitalization coverage. $1.5K a year and you can also have outpatient coverage.

I used it for a while but never made a claim, I think a number of expats use them though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic