Husband Stabbed Wife to Death in Fit of Jealousy

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Husband Stabbed Wife to Death in Fit of Jealousy

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News(Phnom Penh): On June 22, 2020, at 7:20 pm, a 23-year-old woman, Leang Phalla, was stabbed to death by her husband at their house in Sangkat Oavlouk, Khan Kambol, Phnom Penh. The suspect named Sok Ly, also 23 years old, ran away to escape.

Before the incident, the husband was jealous of his wife. That evening, when the woman came back from the factory where she worked, she went to take shower. After that, her husband took a knife from the kitchen and stabbed his wife in the chest. The victim died shortly after she was sent to Calmette hospital for treatment. RIP.

The body was returned to the family for funeral preparation. The police are still searching for the husband.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Husband Stabbed Wife to Death in Fit of Jealousy

Post by canucklhead »

Jealous she had a job and wouldnt give him money for booze more likely.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

canucklhead wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:35 pm Jealous she had a job and wouldnt give him money for booze more likely.
Not so sure about the jealous she had a job part, though. Many young Khmer guys' jobs seems to be dropping off their gf or wife at the factory in the morning and picking them up after work, driving home just in time to shower and go drink with the boys with the gf/wife's money.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia news: Police are still searching for Sok Ly Sambath, the 23-year-old husband of the murder victim, Leang Phalla, and chief suspect in the stabbing of his wife.
Sources say that, prior to the night of the murder, the couple were often heard arguing and fighting.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia News, Kampong Thom: On the night of June 26, 2020, in Pouta Un Village, Stung Sen City, Kampong Thom Province, police finally arrested Sokly Sambath, the husband of the victim, and the prime suspect in the murder investigation of 23-year-old Leang Phalla.
The young woman was found stabbed to death in her home on 22 June, and police have been looking for her husband ever since.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:01 pm Image
What's up with that picture? He looks like a dwarf but in the mug shots he looks tall? I feel pity for the poor young woman murdered by an inadequate and insecure little worm like that.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:16 pm
What's up with that picture? He looks like a dwarf but in the mug shots he looks tall? I feel pity for the poor young woman murdered by an inadequate and insecure little worm like that.
I think it’s just the angle the picture of their picture has been taken. But echo your sentiment. What an absolute waste of oxygen he is.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Yerg wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:21 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:16 pm
I think it’s just the angle the picture of their picture has been taken. But echo your sentiment. What an absolute waste of oxygen he is.
I don't think so, look how small their hands are. It's been distorted.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Looks like a Photoshop job, stick the head on a body, just like the Khmer E Cards that missus sent to me. Without the cutesy animation and music.

RIP poor lady.

That man needs to be reborn as a worm, ASAP.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Can someone explain how a “worm” can get a cute lady like that for a wife? Don’t tell that before marriage he was a knight and then he turned.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic