38Yo Chinese Man Found Dead in Phnom Penh Hotel

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

38Yo Chinese Man Found Dead in Phnom Penh Hotel

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On June 21, 2020, at 10:10 am, a 38-year-old Chinese man, DAI YONGGUANG, was found dead in a hotel room on Preah Monivong boulevard in Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.

According to a Chinese man, CHUN LEUNG, 30 years old, on June 20, at 8:20 pm, he and the victim, both factory workers, went to check in at the hotel because the victim was completely drunk after a party. The victim stayed in room no. 505, and he stayed in room no. 218. He said that at 11:10 pm, he checked at the victim's room and saw the victim was sleeping.
The next morning, the friend went to the victim's room again and he saw the victim was still lying down and was not moving. He tried to wake the man up, but he remained lifeless, so then he told to the hotel manager to report to the police.

After receiving the information, the local police reported to the prosecutor, the criminal police of investigation, and the procedure department for the body examination.
The victim's belongings, such as an iPhone 11pro, ID and bank cards, and some clothes were taken to the immigration department. The passport was sent to the Office of the Department of Technical Police, at the Ministry of Interior.

After the examination, the police concluded the victim died of a heart attack from too much drinking. The body was taken to keep at the mortuary at Stueng Meanchey pagoda.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: 38Yo Chinese Man Found Dead in Phnom Penh Hotel

Post by alexvanlaar »

Factory worker in Cambo??? I-phone 11 and several credit-cards???
Which factory???
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

alexvanlaar wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:46 pm Factory worker in Cambo??? I-phone 11 and several credit-cards???
Which factory???
I’d guess he’s one of management.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

They checked-in the hotel by 8pm, I wonder how much he must have had to drink to cause his demise. I guess he could have an early start and drink all day.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:47 pm
alexvanlaar wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:46 pm Factory worker in Cambo??? I-phone 11 and several credit-cards???
Which factory???
I’d guess he’s one of management.
Possibly management or a skilled labor expert. The deceased's immigration card says that he is in Cambodia for work for three months (dated from 3 Feb 2020), and gives his phone no and email as a contact. He also has an EB EOS dated from March 2019- April 2020. Perhaps he was "stuck" in Cambodia.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Sir Stephen
Expatriate
France

Post by Sir Stephen »

Not common to hear of heart attack from too much alcohol for not old man.
AM34
Expatriate

Post by AM34 »

One story describes him as "vice president of a factory management".

It also says they were at a party on street 282. I was by there around 8 pm on Saturday and there was a large-ish man completely KO'd drunk on the stoop of a Chinese restaurant with a crowd of his friends trying to figure out what to do. Wondering now if it was the same guy?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

If you are with a friend and he gets completely plastered, you take him home, not to check in at some random hotel. If he is that incapable to make it home, why would a hotel allow him to check in?

Whenever you have deposited a drunk friend back home, you leave and laugh about his impending hangover. You don't go back 3 hours later to check on him. Who does that?

How did he get back into his hotel room at 11pm? Did he have a key? If so why - who gets a spare key for your friends hotel room?
And again in the morning to discover him dead.

It all sound very fishy to me.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:05 pm If you are with a friend and he gets completely plastered, you take him home, not to check in at some random hotel. If he is that incapable to make it home, why would a hotel allow him to check in?
Loy!!
Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:05 pm Whenever you have deposited a drunk friend back home, you leave and laugh about his impending hangover. You don't go back 3 hours later to check on him. Who does that?

How did he get back into his hotel room at 11pm? Did he have a key? If so why - who gets a spare key for your friends hotel room?
And again in the morning to discover him dead.

It all sound very fishy to me.
I agree, the 'friend' knows a hell of a lot more than he's told the police, I'm sure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic