FPCS App

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

FPCS App

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I know there's an old thread in the news section about this but I have a few specific questions:
1-I assume the landlord creates an account, then simply scans our passport with a "check in date" and a "check out" date being end of lease?
2-I created an account, but I don't think I'm supposed to. I believe it's only the landlord who's supposed to create one. Correct?
3-I own my own place. Should I create an account as a landlord and scan myself as a tenant? The app appears to let me do it (I haven't gone all the way through with it).
4-Will they be using this to tax me on my own house or something?
5-Some of you are saying "just register yourself", but I don't see how that's possible. The account is for landlords as far as I can tell, so you can't just register yourself.

Thanks
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: FPCS App

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:00 am I know there's an old thread in the news section about this but I have a few specific questions:
1-I assume the landlord creates an account, then simply scans our passport with a "check in date" and a "check out" date being end of lease?
2-I created an account, but I don't think I'm supposed to. I believe it's only the landlord who's supposed to create one. Correct?
3-I own my own place. Should I create an account as a landlord and scan myself as a tenant? The app appears to let me do it (I haven't gone all the way through with it).
5-Some of you are saying "just register yourself", but I don't see how that's possible. The account is for landlords as far as I can tell, so you can't just register yourself.

Thanks
My landlords are a bit intimaded by the app, so got their niece to help out and also called immigration around last week.

Landlord registers. If you own house then you register yourself. Check out, we were told, can be ignored until one gets a new visa, then must see landlord to scan out and scan in again using new visa details.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Thanks Jerry. Where did you find the number? I checked Google/Facebook/official website (looks straight out from 1996) and couldn't find any phone number for the GDI. The information is really poor and the app is extremely buggy. I'm surprised (or not really) there's so little support for landlords.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:18 am Thanks Jerry. Where did you find the number? I checked Google/Facebook/official website (looks straight out from 1996) and couldn't find any phone number for the GDI. The information is really poor and the app is extremely buggy. I'm surprised (or not really) there's so little support for landlords.

Landlords niece called them. It's Kampot, so they are probably cousins or something
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Ok thanks. I think I'm set. I think...
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

Not sure if this is how it's meant to go But. I registered myself as my landlord didn't quite get the whole thing. Then his brother turned up a week later he speaks English quite well and he volunteered to do it he got his phone and it was done quicker than I did it previously Ok I was happy all bases covered! Done! I am in Battambang and there is probably only a few expats here. But I got a call from a wonderful lady saying she was from Battambang police station and I will have to complete my FPCS information mainly my checkout date she giggled and said you must have forgotten I said I'll talk to the landlord and get back to you in the morning OK. Next morning I tried to talk to my landlord with a translator and it was hopeless he just didn't get it. So I went back into the App and did it myself (it let me?) put my departure date in,my visa number and expiry and rescanned my passport,called the young lady back she said wait a minute a few seconds later she said all done thankyou! So ? Austman. I have the lady's name and number and she is really switched on and sounded
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Was she from a local Battambang police station you reckon?
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:00 am I know there's an old thread in the news section about this but I have a few specific questions:

Thanks
Answers:
1. I created my own account and put a start date 1st Janury 2020 and an end date 5 years in the future.
2. Its OK to create your own account. I did it through their website as I dont have a smartphone.
3. I created an account as landlord and tenant.
4. Probably in future.
5. Yes its assumed that the foreigner always has a landlord but you can create yourself as landlord.

Hope above helps.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Don't forget to register before 1 July 2020.

Cambodian immigration request all foreigners to register their residency before 1 July 2020
by Zazithorn Ruengchinda • June 23, 2020 •

The Norwegian embassy in Bangkok published an important notice from The Cambodian Immigration’s latest policy on 16 June 2020. The statement said:

“Cambodian authorities require foreign citizens to register their information and residencies in Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS) application by 1 July 2020. Foreign citizens who have not registered by this date can be denied their registration upon the deadline.

The requirement for registration applies to all foreign citizens including tourists, residents and diplomats. People that responsible for registration are homeowner / property / residents in rented accommodations / a hotel, hostel type accommodations.

The registration procedure can be done through an app. The Embassy advises all Norwegian citizens in Cambodia to check if you have been registered in FPCS application.

The app is available in the links here for both ios and android.”
https://scandasia.com/cambodian-immigra ... july-2020/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase: DC
I have downloaded the app but it has not been working at all for the last 48 hours .What to do ?
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic