Tough times for orthodontists in PP...?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Tough times for orthodontists in PP...?

Post by MarkArmstrong »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:35 am
MarkArmstrong wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:16 am Does it offend you so much?
Offend? No. Irritate? Yes.

And you've been told, many times, and yet you carry on sticking two fingers up to everyone.

You're like a bloke who routinely farts in the bar and thinks it's hilarious.
Use the FOE Facility or just ignore me like you would with the bloke who farts at the bar
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

What was the point of bumping this thread to add NOTHING?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

violet wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:18 am What was the point of bumping this thread to add NOTHING?
Because thats what a forum is about! I'm coming to realise that this is just a goldfish bowl and all you want to do is crap in your own water
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

MarkArmstrong wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:03 am
violet wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:18 am What was the point of bumping this thread to add NOTHING?
Because thats what a forum is about! I'm coming to realise that this is just a goldfish bowl and all you want to do is crap in your own water
What you did with this thread finely provides an example of crapping in your own water. This is not what a forum is about at all.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

violet wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:54 am
What you did with this post finely provides an example of crapping in your own water. This is not what a forum is about at all.
Tell me Violet what is this goldfish bowl of yours actually about? Without people posting even against old posts the forum will stagnate and die, thats what happens if you swim in your own shit and think that all is right with the world.

The word i was thinking of is conceitedness
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

MarkArmstrong wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:01 am
violet wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:54 am
What you did with this post finely provides an example of crapping in your own water. This is not what a forum is about at all.
Tell me Violet what is this goldfish bowl of yours actually about? Without people posting even against old posts the forum will stagnate and die, thats what happens if you swim in your own shit and think that all is right with the world.

The word i was thinking of is conceitedness
This is a brilliant explanation of what I am experiencing from a few users on this forum.

STOP SWIMMING IN YOUR OWN SHIT
Have you ever seen fish in a dirty tank? They look droopy and dull and float around like they have shackles strapped to their fins. Their energy is low and if you look close enough, you can see the frown on their faces. Replace the shit water with fresh water and what happens? They instantly perk up, become active, and swim with wonder instead of dread. Their color changes. They brighten.
If the water we swim in is our thoughts, the beliefs we have about ourselves will determine how dirty our tank is. Most of us have false beliefs, formed through the events and relationships from our story. These false beliefs turn the water polluted and murky. We doubt our gifts, get stuck in dysfunctional / abusive relationships, and limit ourselves from reaching our true potential. By pulling from our false beliefs, we begin to have a false life. We walk muted and grayed out. We become zombies.
Here’s the good news. Unlike fish, we have the ability to change our own water. Most people are enslaved to their thoughts. They don’t know that they have control over what and how they think. Many don’t make an effort to change their thought patterns due to fear or they don’t believe they deserve fresh water. They’re so used to swimming in shit. They accept it and decide this is what life will look like. The truth is you can clean your tank. You can wake up and look forward to your day. Smile, and actually mean it. Invest in healthy relationships. Surround yourself with positive people. Find joy. Build something. You can change your life by changing your water.
Everything ends or begins with your thoughts. And the ones you have about yourself will determine whether it’s the beginning or the end.
How Do You Know if Your Tank is Dirty?
It’s simple. You are either living or dying. You’re obsessing about the future. Dwelling on the past. Holding onto expired relationships. Eating crap. Feeding addictions and unhealthy patterns. Not sleeping. Weighing yourself. You’re assassinating people’s character, taking hostages (making other people feel bad because you’re not happy), dreading work, getting annoyed by everything and everyone around you, exuding negative energy, fighting, resisting, verbally vomiting, and seeing life as a prison. You are filled with anger. Hope is Santa Claus. Your dial is turned to Take instead of Give. You are deteriorating. You are dark. Your tank is dirty. You are dying.
Or.
You are creating, building, investing in yourself as well as others (relationships that are meaningful to you). You are drawing healthy boundaries. You are allowing yourself to be heard. Expressing your truth. Dreaming. Not judging, expecting, labeling, or being strangled by fear. You sweat, stretch, eat real food, drink lots of water, and make sure you get enough sleep. You love hard and forgive often. You stay present in each day and try to seek nectar in what and who is in front of you instead of chasing mirages and material objects. Happiness is an ability. You don’t compare. You don’t tie ability to worth. You think different. Breathe. You are regenerating and evolving. You are giving. You are light. Your tank is clean. You are living.
Which one sounds like your life? Maybe a combination of both? Maybe your tank was dirty but it’s cleaner now. Or maybe it’s the dirtiest it’s ever been. Your thoughts about self will determine how dirty your tank is. And you “living” or “dying” each day is a direct reaction from those thoughts.
Exploring Your Dirty Water (False beliefs)
No one enters adulthood unscarred. If you weren’t abused in some form while growing up - physically, mentally, sexually, or emotionally, the locker room, high school, your first love or more accurately loss, and random events in life will catch you and leave giant slashes on your heart that will make you question your worth. What you saw, experienced, how you were treated, what someone took from you, whether it was your voice or virginity, will wire you a certain way. There was a reason why every single girl stood too close and every boy followed me like a lost puppy when I was working with teenagers struggling with addiction in residential treatment. We live in a chaotic uncontrollable world. Parents split. Friends bully us. We get acne and gain weight and people treat us differently because of it. There’s death, silence, shootings and internal scars that will never fully heal. That's just the way it is. And we will internalize our experiences, allowing events and relationships to define who we are and what we believe we are worth. We call it coping but it's actually a form of fight or flight, surviving the only way we know how, by trying to fit in, using drugs, alcohol, sex, exercise, whatever it takes to numb us or makes us feel something. We will run, hide, starve and cut ourselves. By the time we start paying taxes, our self esteem is sucked dry. Then we enter adulthood and now there’s now a ticking clock. Test scores. Job interviews. Relationships. Grad school. The fight for the corner office. Marriage. Kids. Leases. Mortgages. Expectations. Depression. And of course, fear. We begin to live in our heads. It’s safe there, or so we think, and life becomes a giant cognitive distortion. This causes us to cement the false beliefs we carry as well as create new ones. We start to pull from this giant dusty cloud and our lives becoming telling of that.
False beliefs are created through your story. And since no one has a perfect story, everyone has false beliefs. I’ll never do anything great. I'll never fall in love. I’ll never be happy. I am worthless. I owe my parents. I can’t. I always have problems. I’m a victim. I'm not strong enough. Thin enough. Pretty enough. If I'm not rich, no one will like
me. I'm unloveable. If I don't make a certain amount of money or achieve a certain status, I'm not a good husband, dad, man, etc. Every “If I don't or can't ______ then I am ______.” These are a few general false beliefs. Most false beliefs are specific to our story and may not be common. But all false beliefs directly manifest in our behavior. They will determine the choices we make in work, relationships, who we choose to date, be friends with, how we act with our boss, parents, girlfriend, what we decide to build and invest in. Simply put, false beliefs will stunt our grown and block our potential.
How to Clean Your Tank (Dissolve your false beliefs)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Hey Mark, you can have 24 hours off for being such an arrogant twat!
You are not the only member of this forum, please try to be more considerate of your fellow forum members.
You totally ignored the good advice offered on your Censorship thread.
For your reference. post604537.html#p604537
Read it!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:58 am Hey Mark, you can have 24 hours off for being such an arrogant twat!
You are not the only member of this forum, please try to be more considerate of your fellow forum members.
You totally ignored the good advice offered on your Censorship thread.
For your reference. post604537.html#p604537
Read it!
Perhaps he could go on mod review for a year or two, too
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Typical lefty liberal woke reaction. Poor fella.
#freemark

:dragonchase:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

khmerhamster wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:55 am Typical lefty liberal woke reaction. Poor fella.
#freemark

:dragonchase:
Long live Cancel Culture! :evil:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic