Which Durian is the Most Delicious ?

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Which Durian is the Most Delicious ?

Post by Ghostwriter »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:24 am According to the impartial opinion of Ngin Chhay, a government delegate in charge of the General Department of Agriculture
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

These were tried and tested for you...
Top 10 BEST Durians EVER!
Posted on 10 July 2018
Durian
Durian is an acquired taste. Not many have had the opportunity to even taste durian. This is primarily because durian is mostly found and consumed only in South East Asia with very few exceptions of durians being sold internationally.

This one comes highly recommended !
Musang King
Musang King is the king of the ‘king of fruits’. This type of durian is the most popular durian in Malaysia and comes with irresistible golden yellow flesh that is tasty, creamy, filling and very, very satisfying.
https://www.packist.com/journal/post/75 ... rians-ever
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Post by mossie »

The one that doesn't exist. I eat with my nose.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

That was a top 10 selection from Malaysia, with only Malaysian (or so called so) species.
I'd suggest checking out the vast country south of it.
Biggest Durian forest in Trenggalek, Java.

Fun fact : in Indonesian, double the word to get the plural.
I'm an enduring Duran-duran fan & Durian-durian flan fan.
Spoiler:
So if you see the word written like this : Durian2, it means plural of durian. A 2 is basically a reversed S. Go figure with all this double-wording to come back to the western symbol, just reversed...( because used on the other side of the Earth ?) Weird...
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I was a couple of years ago in Kampot an Kep with my girl, who always was in bussiness, she bought 25 kgs of crab and some durians in Kep, both at the crab-market, to sell the day after in Phnom Penh. It was delicious (the durian), but in my eyes overpriced, she bought it without me as barang being around. Dont remember how much, but it was sold per kilo. And later she told me the Durian from that area is the best in Kampuchea. It took days to get the smell out of her car what made me lagh and her angry !! ?? I told her before that the rentong company i useally get my car (LYNA-garage) makes you pay extra if the car smells to Durian. I was happy it was her own car. Knever bought another Durian after but if somebody offers it, why not, i will eat it. Still thinking about te price per kilo, maybe 30.000 rl per kilo, but i dont remeber anymore !! ??
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

The other half often talks about the Durian from Kampot area being The Best. I’m not sure my tastebuds would be that discerning, but I did notice the difference with Musang King.

Musang King is pricey. But one of the things in its favour is that there is much more edible fruit per kilo. More flesh, less stone.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

A friend of mine buys durian in Kampot and then sends it with taxi to her family in sinville.

Apparently it's both more tasty and much cheaper here?

Have not yet aquired the taste let's put it that way lol
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

smells like hell, tastes like heaven. Same goes for white truffles. Some people cant take the pungent smell, but love it once is shaved over pasta or raw meat. More than once the courier-driver would complain about the remaining smell in his van after delivery.
work is for people who cant find truffles
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

Nestle Malaysia make an ice cream that they say contains real Musang King. Could be a way to ease into eating a durian
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I hate Durian but will try every few years to see if my opinion has changed. Biggest mistake was trying just before a 4-hour hike. Nothing to drink or eat to get the taste out of my mouth; I spent 4 hours trying not to chuck up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic