intermittent internet

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

intermittent internet

Post by fsdfdsdf »

was the broken sea cable fixed? Im with open net and half the time pages dont load. it went down a week ago and they replaced it with fiber optic which also needed repairing twice and now seems to go down several minutes every five minutes. wondering if I should change companies or if its just the broken cable?
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: intermittent internet

Post by fsdfdsdf »

no takers. Ive had opennet try to fix this several times but they are obviously throttling the internet for whatever reason so it cant be fixed. its about the same as smart 3G, works well for 2 minutes then nothing for 3 minutes and so on all day. all I can say is dont use opennet. Ive heard of a few cheaper and better options but if anyone has any recommendation please post
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Have a look at this post, or the whole thread >> tech-zone/slow-youtube-complaints-from- ... ml#p424637
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:51 pm Have a look at this post, or the whole thread >> tech-zone/slow-youtube-complaints-from- ... ml#p424637
thanks. I didnt know that forum existed. that answers most of my questions and the verdict isnt good for opennet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic