Why I hate Boris Johnson and anyone who doesn't

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Why I hate Boris Johnson and anyone who doesn't

Post by Doc67 »

YORKIE welcomes you to express your views here...
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Why I hate Boris Johnson and anyone who doesn't

Post by Alex »

I don't hate him, I'm just genuinely baffled how anyone can be dumb enough to vote for the clown, or in general terms, how someone like Boris can rise to such a position of power. It's fascinating. Of course the same applies elsewhere.

On a more serious note, that's why democracy is such a great concept in theory but often doomed in the real world. One man, one vote, regardless of whether they have a brain and know how to use it.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

He's a buffoon but he acts without malice. This makes him a plonker rather than a cunt.

And I believe this opinion is pretty accurate as I knew him personally a very long time ago. Not well but well enough if I bumped into him today and reminded him who I was we would have a very brief but cordial discussion.

He's highly intelligent in an academic way, lacks common sense and is really posh but he isn't a snob. His main fault is he has spent his life in high society so he is out of touch with real life. But he is well meaning and eager to achieve and help others achieve too.

Unlike Jacob Rees Mogg, who I also was acquainted with, who is a despicable toxic cunt that is not fit for a role in public life.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I don't hate him, but if the economic numbers presented last week (minus >20% in April) are even a little bit close to to truth the Brits will hate him soon.

His economy performs worst in the world, by large. And Brexit is yet to come.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

It is said that people get the leaders they deserve...and the Brits certainly deserved Boris badly enough to vote him into power in large numbers. But it fits with the UK mind-set and culture - the class system, the inherited wealth, the obsequiousness when it comes to anything to do with the awful 'royals', the worst National Anthem in the world, the street thugs, the decades of open immigration that is coming home to roost, I could go on forever, but as an ex-Brit (left town nearly 40 years ago for cleaner pastures after thankless service to 'my' country) I should feel some patriotism. Nah, f**k that, its a sinkhole.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

I haven't lived in The UK since 2008 and I have not missed a single thing about the place. It's a horrible, backwards looking, over crowded, stupidly expensive, class besotted, Kasi populated by a hideous bunch of self righteous, bone idle, identity politics obsessed whingers who blame everyone always and accept zero responsibility for their own actions whilst slobbing about stranded in front of soul destroying tv shows like Strictly and that jungle show presented by a pair of twee northern midgets in between watching endless football games on some sports channel that costs about sixty quid a month. And then there's the weather. Cold, damp and forever grey. And the royal family. And the identical provincial towns with the same shops. And the crap countryside. And the price of a train ticket. And the terrible pub restaurants. And and and.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:04 am I haven't lived in The UK since 2008 and I have not missed a single thing about the place. It's a horrible, backwards looking, over crowded, stupidly expensive, class besotted, Kasi populated by a hideous bunch of self righteous, bone idle, identity politics obsessed whingers who blame everyone always and accept zero responsibility for their own actions whilst slobbing about stranded in front of soul destroying tv shows like Strictly and that jungle show presented by a pair of twee northern midgets in between watching endless football games on some sports channel that costs about sixty quid a month. And then there's the weather. Cold, damp and forever grey. And the royal family. And the identical provincial towns with the same shops. And the crap countryside. And the price of a train ticket. And the terrible pub restaurants. And and and.
Glad you liked it...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:04 am I haven't lived in The UK since 2008 and I have not missed a single thing about the place. It's a horrible, backwards looking, over crowded, stupidly expensive, class besotted, Kasi populated by a hideous bunch of self righteous, bone idle, identity politics obsessed whingers who blame everyone always and accept zero responsibility for their own actions whilst slobbing about stranded in front of soul destroying tv shows like Strictly and that jungle show presented by a pair of twee northern midgets in between watching endless football games on some sports channel that costs about sixty quid a month. And then there's the weather. Cold, damp and forever grey. And the royal family. And the identical provincial towns with the same shops. And the crap countryside. And the price of a train ticket. And the terrible pub restaurants. And and and.
Have you considered writing for the British Tourism Board ?
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

The real issue is all the people who still think the elected politicians are actually the decision makers, they are order takers, until a significant percentage of folks realize this there is little hope for the future, I'm glad I'm old I feel bad for the young people. If voting mattered you wouldn't be allowed to do it.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Are you trying to tell us it is nothing like as portrayed in the Coronation Street series .

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic