Why I hate Boris Johnson and anyone who doesn't

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Why I hate Boris Johnson and anyone who doesn't

Post by nemo »

atst wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:02 pm Just watching china on the news they can't speak highly enough of thier president, and don't blame them the way he has turned the country around, a complete contrast to what people think of Boris and Biden or Trump.
I suppose they don't fancy re-education.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

A very non-biased and frank look at how Boris has been doing lately.

As I said in my other post a bit further up, this is exactly what happens in a system where one party - in this case, one leader - has absolute control and feels they can act with impunity and trample all over traditional democratic values.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:04 am I haven't lived in The UK since 2008 and I have not missed a single thing about the place. It's a horrible, backwards looking, over crowded, stupidly expensive, class besotted, Kasi populated by a hideous bunch of self righteous, bone idle, identity politics obsessed whingers who blame everyone always and accept zero responsibility for their own actions whilst slobbing about stranded in front of soul destroying tv shows like Strictly and that jungle show presented by a pair of twee northern midgets in between watching endless football games on some sports channel that costs about sixty quid a month. And then there's the weather. Cold, damp and forever grey. And the royal family. And the identical provincial towns with the same shops. And the crap countryside. And the price of a train ticket. And the terrible pub restaurants. And and and.
:lol:
Reading your comment while in France, is like watching The Thick of It while in Cambodia.
It's chillingly and hilariously accurate, although still enjoyable to watch from a comfortable remote location. Not the same feeling when stuck in it, surely.
I love the culture, miss the people, but it's no more a place i'm planning to go to.

Big part of these observations are valid on my side of the Channel, mind you.
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

The internet's picture dictionary definition of an echo chamber?
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Why would you spend even one single millisecond of your life thinking about this guy or any other politician/celebrity? 8)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
paul2d
Expatriate
Canada

Post by paul2d »

At least Brits do not have to stomach the likes of the Trudeau creature.

The Trudeau creature, in an effort to a claim of King of Wokism, sent a total of 277 bureaucrats along for the ride to the COP26 circus, and that’s not including the prime minister’s official photographer, official videographer and lead speechwriter, 17 press secretaries and communications directors, four state broadcasting reporters and the entire Green Party caucus comprised of two MPs. The UK sent 227, the US 133, and France 195.

To make matters worse, he and his government won't disclose the cost of this junket.

Boris has a long way to go to top this.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Alex wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:34 am I don't hate him, I'm just genuinely baffled how anyone can be dumb enough to vote for the clown, or in general terms, how someone like Boris can rise to such a position of power. It's fascinating. Of course the same applies elsewhere.

On a more serious note, that's why democracy is such a great concept in theory but often doomed in the real world. One man, one vote, regardless of whether they have a brain and know how to use it.
You are supposedly voting for the government. One would think it obvious that a party would elect to have someone with the right make up to represent them; articulate, tactful, courteous, smart, well-rounded/open, et al, to; kiss babies, high five teens, chest-pump athletes, s'up black fellas, Ojigi the Japanese, discuss quantum physics, and leave a parliamentary battle victorious.

I don't think they always have the last say, or any, in powerful countries, however.

The wealthy and powerful - from individuals to the Banks - want a puppet they can control, even from another country, and they probably succeed; The Russians-Trump allegedly. I imagine undetectable, embeddable chips are in high demand.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:04 am I haven't lived in The UK since 2008 and I have not missed a single thing about the place. It's a horrible, backwards looking, over crowded, stupidly expensive, class besotted, Kasi populated by a hideous bunch of self righteous, bone idle, identity politics obsessed whingers who blame everyone always and accept zero responsibility for their own actions whilst slobbing about stranded in front of soul destroying tv shows like Strictly and that jungle show presented by a pair of twee northern midgets in between watching endless football games on some sports channel that costs about sixty quid a month. And then there's the weather. Cold, damp and forever grey. And the royal family. And the identical provincial towns with the same shops. And the crap countryside. And the price of a train ticket. And the terrible pub restaurants. And and and.
I don't know who dug up this shit-thread of my creation (created while stuck if the UK trying to get back here), but I'm glad they did as I got to re-read the best post on it.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

sigmoid wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:33 pm Why would you spend even one single millisecond of your life thinking about this guy or any other politician/celebrity? 8)
You spent probably several thousand milliseconds thinking about a guy who is thinking about a guy didn't ya?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic