Royal Enfield motorcycles now in Cambodia

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Royal Enfield motorcycles now in Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Royal Enfield released a new model end of last year in India called the Meteor 350.

I read somewhere it's a replacement for the Thunderbird 350 but was renamed due to copyright issues.

I think this could a good one for Cambodia. 350 would be good size for both city and longer trips imo. I like the look of it too coz it doesn't look so 'vintage' like the Classic 500 and the engine has a balancer shaft to smooth out the single's vibrations.

I messaged RE Cambodia to ask if and when they might bring it here.. but so far no answer. Having said that, I read there's currently a waiting list for this in India up to 6 months so it's very popular apparently. The Himalayan goes here for nearly $4900, so I presume the Meteor would come in under that..

https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/motorcycles/meteor/

ImageImageImageImage
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Big Bike riders ATTENTION

Post by phuketrichard »

from FB

Message from Royal Enfield to you guys!
"Hi everyone. Royal Enfield just received a new batch of demo bikes with the return of the GT continental 650, a new Himalayan 2021 version and the good old 500cc classic.
If anyone of you and your friends want to try them for the weekend, feel free to pick them up from the showroom in Phnom Penh.
You can contact Sovannary Leng for more information.
Thanks"
Royal Enfield Cambodia
Phnom Penh
+855 95 666 372
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Lr9xYAsMNRRLHJfs9 — at Royal Enfield Cambodia.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Big Bike riders ATTENTION

Post by IraHayes »

hmmm ... Do these trial rides come with a mobile support & recovery crew?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Big Bike riders ATTENTION

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Royal pieces of shit
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^^

Is this currently still the case? These Indian bikes including Bajaj seem to have come a long way in terms of quality control from what I've read? But interested to know if that's not the case..
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:09 pm ^^^

Is this currently still the case? These Indian bikes including Bajaj seem to have come a long way in terms of quality control from what I've read? But interested to know if that's not the case..
I'd take an old bullet over a new Enfield any day. Also, I have known people in the US who bought the new models (Himalayan, in particular) who were plagued with reliability issues as well as mechanical troubles that a modern bike shouldn't have
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

why did you move my post?
it would have gotten more visibility where it was>>>>If i had wanted it buried , i would have put it here..

RE are dependable bikes and used all over India and Nepal on some very bad roads.

I loved the 1960 crusader i owned for 20 years in the 90's
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:14 pm why did you move my post?
it would have gotten more visibility where it was>>>>If i had wanted it buried , i would have put it here..
Simple: there's an existing topic for RE news.. but I know you just luurve to start your own personal topics despite that.

And, your topic title 'Big Bike riders ATTENTION' is misleading as it has little to do with the content and is click bait.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:14 pm why did you move my post?

RE are dependable bikes and used all over India and Nepal on some very bad roads.

I loved the 1960 crusader i owned for 20 years in the 90's
The new bikes and the old bikes are completely different animals, from changing the shift lever from (wrong😜) right side, to left, to a new transmission and engine, the name is the the same, everything else is different.
I had a friend who bought one of the “new ones” a few years ago, @ about $6k us, it was a POS, and endless trouble. Japanese tech from the 70’s, with build quality from my mentally disabled cousin.
I actually met, discussed, and rode with some of the Bajaj people a few years after that, they’re much better now.
up to you...
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

There are a lot of people who have clocked serious KMs on them, so it's like anything else. Some people get lemons and bad experiences, but most are fine. Plenty of YouTube videos proving their worth. You just have to be realistic given their displacement and cost vs more expensive options.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic