Please share..........

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Chatter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Please share..........

Post by General Chatter »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote: Every single bad experience in Cambodia has been a result of my actions. I've been robbed. My fault. I've been punched. My fault. I got tazered at Golden Sorya Mall. .. For sure my fault.

I love Cambodia, Khmer people and the freedoms I am privileged to by living here.
Dude please expand why...but yes Cambo is so cool, i love her....
I was born with nothing , and I still have most of it left.

ChessCube Account name is generalchat
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
Samouth wrote:
My apartment was burgled once. And it actually was the Vietnamese this time...
My rented room once was burgled too during Chinese New Year when i went to Sihanoukville to celebrate a happy time with family. As a result, i lost my 2007 Honda Dream. It was a Vietnamese who stole my motor as my neighbor saw the person broke into my room. However they chose to remain silent for some reason.
And I got attacked by an owner of a massage place because I refused to pay for the full hour because they lady was finished within 40 mins. And I think he was from Hong Kong or somewhere. (Calm down, it was a legit massage place.)
i had a really bad time when i went to a massage parlour nearby my new rented room. she did nothing. she just sit on me the whole time almost from my head to toe. i felt like it was not a massage. Not to mention, she always deceived me to have HAPPY ENDING. Damn, who is going to pay 20 $ for fucking happy ending.
Oh, randomly punched/slapped in the face by an old Cambodian dude in Pontoon Club. Shit, even that shouldn't count, add I was in Pontoon.
Damn i am thinking to visit there sometime with friends. However it doesn't really sound a good place i should go for fun.
Pontoon is fun. You just have to understand the level of drunkeness that GeneralMack and myself speak of.

We attract high heels, Nigerians, and tazers at St. 51.

Fucking St. 51.... =@
Ha! Exactly! I highly recommend Pontoon for fun!

But I'm with SirQ and think that anytime you get blind drunk and hang out late night/early morning you're inviting trouble.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jacket
Expatriate
Austria

Post by Jacket »

I just want to say something about the "stick with a hook" method. I once had to break into my own place, so I started emptying the room with the window through this method. It works very well. I couldn't find my key though, so I had to cut the 21€ padlock that I bought at home with an angle grinder (note: I managed to snatch the angle grinder from under my bed with the hook on the stick. that's decent loot already right there.)

BUT! I know where my shit is, it was broad daylight, I didn't have any time pressure or fear that the owner (me) might catch me.

Additional note: I got a hold of a lockpick the same day who tried to open the lock without damaging it. For about 30mins he tried to do it propperly until he gave up and started banging away with a hammer, removed pins and basically demolished the whole thing, which took another hour. But even so, we still had to cut the damn thing :facepalm:
So either I had just bad luck with this guy, or Cambodian lockpicks are outwitted by any lock that costs more than 10.000Riel at the shop around the corner. :D
Bei der Weiterbildung; in der Todeszone.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Jacket wrote: I once had to break into my own place,
Me too.

I had padlocked the door and gone to work. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that I had locked the key inside.
The entrance to the apartment was via the backdoor balcony. That being the kitchen end of the apartment.
I could see the key sitting on the bench just inside the window. So, I went to the shops nearby and bought a magnet and a length of string. Then borrowed a ladder.
Tied the magnet to the end of the string, climbed the ladder and lowered the magnet down to the bench through the vents near the ceiling. Moved it around a bit until a voice below me said, "me-an".

Retrieve the key attached to the magnet and unlocked the door. :bow:
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

General Mackevili wrote:
Samouth wrote:
My rented room once was burgled too during Chinese New Year when i went to Sihanoukville to celebrate a happy time with family. As a result, i lost my 2007 Honda Dream. It was a Vietnamese who stole my motor as my neighbor saw the person broke into my room. However they chose to remain silent for some reason.
And I got attacked by an owner of a massage place because I refused to pay for the full hour because they lady was finished within 40 mins. And I think he was from Hong Kong or somewhere. (Calm down, it was a legit massage place.)
i had a really bad time when i went to a massage parlour nearby my new rented room. she did nothing. she just sit on me the whole time almost from my head to toe. i felt like it was not a massage. Not to mention, she always deceived me to have HAPPY ENDING. Damn, who is going to pay 20 $ for fucking happy ending.
Oh, randomly punched/slapped in the face by an old Cambodian dude in Pontoon Club. Shit, even that shouldn't count, add I was in Pontoon.
Damn i am thinking to visit there sometime with friends. However it doesn't really sound a good place i should go for fun.
Pontoon is fun. You just have to understand the level of drunkeness that GeneralMack and myself speak of.

Fucking St. 51.... =@

But I'm with SirQ and think that anytime you get blind drunk and hang out late night/early morning you're inviting trouble.
will check it one day.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Samouth wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
Samouth wrote:

Fucking St. 51.... =@

will check it one day.
Many Khmer there. Half Barrang half Khmer. I always liked Riverhouse Lounge which is E1 above Riverhouse Bistro. Smaller but mostly Khmer with some Barrang.

My wife (Khmer) and I go to Pontoon to dance once a month. Come on out with us next time Samouth.

Cheers.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

General Mackevili wrote: But I'm with SirQ and think that anytime you get blind drunk and hang out late night/early morning you're inviting trouble.
Particularly from your missus when you come rolling home at 9 in the morning.
SAY_WAT?
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SAY_WAT? »

1. Laptop stolen from locked luggage at airport.
2. phone stolen by black bird.
3. pickpocketed for $50
4. khmer business refused to return change from visa purchase.
5. helmet stolen off moto
6. $20 stolen from locked locker at spa.
7. short changed numerous times
8. double charges on items at pencil market
9. ipod stolen from checked bag at bayon market
10. heart broken by georgeous, sexy 19 year old.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

My wife (Khmer) and I go to Pontoon to dance once a month. Come on out with us next time Samouth.
Great. Thanks. will go with you guys sometime.

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

heart broken by gorgeous, sexy 19 year old
she is so young. i guess she is not yet ready for long term relationship.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic