Flights to Phnom Penh - Flight Information

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Flights to Phnom Penh - Flight Information

Post by newkidontheblock »

Everything is extra scrutiny now. Really want to chance a dog singling out your baggage for extra inspection, and possibly not connecting?

And yes, Taipei is open for transit. Posted about it a while ago.

Planning on sending missus via EVA from Cambodia to the states, after the interview, once visa is in hand.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:00 am Everything is extra scrutiny now. Really want to chance a dog singling out your baggage for extra inspection, and possibly not connecting?

Planning on sending missus via EVA from Cambodia to the states, after the interview, once visa is in hand.
That would be a Fucking horror show. Agree w/ you. Thanks. Even if its ok to bring why risk and deal w potential issues.
Thanks. It's unnecessary added stress. Thanks
On top of that, it has a strong smell. Oy Vey. Who knows what someone or a dog might think it is. I need to practice self care and dont put all this on me. Has this happened to anyone else? Where you offer to bring something and/ or it becomes a bigger issue then needed?
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Rtrac
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Rtrac »

Agreed: I told my wife I am bringing only the required documents to fly / enter the country / $3K deposit + the clothes on my back + a laptop / phone for the down time in quarantine + and my PPE (face shield + mask + wipes + hand sanitizer) = plus a tooth brush.

This is not a for fun; this will be a stressful uncertain trip. Your main focus is to cross through the multiple barriers to enter Cambodia. As others have documented, a false move can result in an expensive and tiring retreat back to your home country with your tail between your legs.

All else is superfluous.

I will have my wife deliver me anything else when (and hopefully if) I arrive in PP.
Meatwand
BANNED
Dominican Republic

Post by Meatwand »

Entering Cambodia sounds more difficult...than getting into North Korea these days!
I'll assume it's all about visiting family.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

Thanks.. i am good to go. Eva airlines has me on a 3 hour layover in Taipei and all thru Eva airlines--
actually had interrelated question. Has anyone ever brought spices into cambodia?? a friend is asking if his family can mail me some chili paste or some shit. Part of me wants to help. The other part is i dont want any issues. I was trying to look this up... but if anyone knows.

Its not store made. Its homemade Part of me dont want to even deal w/ the bullshit but on other hand, if can help someone then no problem
[/quote]
----------------------------------------------------

Never, ever take something into a foreign country that you don't know what it is from someone you don't really know.

Just simply say unfortunately I'm not able to do that for you. If pressed, simply repeat you can't do it. And remain firm.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:00 am Everything is extra scrutiny now. Really want to chance a dog singling out your baggage for extra inspection, and possibly not connecting?

ur crazy, bringing her from a country where she is relatively safe and as you tell us, she is a nurse, working and a productive member of society
to a country where the infected figures increase hourly, is not good judgement plus she can do nothing, but sit at home.

Dont you need be with her to get the final interview?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc »

Meatwand wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:29 am Entering Cambodia sounds more difficult...than getting into North Korea these days!
Not Really it was very straight forward to be honest. Yes there are several things that need to be done...
Would I do it again ? Yes...

Keep your head straight. things organised Talk to people who have done it..

I have been in worse positions in life,,, its called may it out dead or alive...

My cost in the end 255 USD from the 3000.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Oumedc wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:35 am
Meatwand wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:29 am Entering Cambodia sounds more difficult...than getting into North Korea these days!
Not Really it was very straight forward to be honest. Yes there are several things that need to be done...
Would I do it again ? Yes...

Keep your head straight. things organised Talk to people who have done it..

I have been in worse positions in life,,, its called may it out dead or alive...

My cost in the end 255 USD from the 3000.
Congrats on your refund, it's a nice little buzz getting paid out.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

BklynBoy wrote:Has this happened to anyone else? Where you offer to bring something and/ or it becomes a bigger issue then needed?
Yes, and never again.

They offered to keep the luggage for when I returned to Kingdom of Wonder and instead take their ‘crates’ of stuff for waiting relatives on the other end.

The styrofoam crates were of course severely overweight by over ten kilograms or so each. No overage fee was going to cover it. So they started unpacking right there at the check in counter. Fresh fruit, insects, spiders, all sorts of plant mints, fresh meat and fish, seeds. Pretty much anything NOT allowed in, they had packed. All frozen, and somehow expected to make the 30+ hour trip.

Said no right there, will need to ship it all.

Grabbed back my luggage and checked in.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Flights from the Philippines to Be Banned from Aug. 13
AKP Phnom Penh, August 11, 2020 --

Cambodia has decided to temporary ban the flights from the Philippines in addition to those from Malaysia and Indonesia.

The ban, agreed by Prime Minister Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HE on Aug. 11, will come into effect from Aug. 13, underlined a press release of the Ministry of Health issued this morning.

The temporary ban of flights is aimed to reduce the risk of imported COVID-19 transmission as on Aug. 8, among the 119 passengers on a flight from the Philippines, 13 were tested positive for the deadly virus, it explained.

The ministry also re-appealed to people to continue applying the necessary measures to prevent the COVID-19 transmission from one individual to another and to avoid the second wave of infections.

On July 25, Cambodia announced to suspend flights from Malaysia and Indonesia starting from Aug. 1 onwards. The ban will contribute to strengthening health safety for people across the country because from August and September, Cambodia will have many holidays, and people will travel to different tourism destinations.
- AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic