Flights to Phnom Penh - Flight Information

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Flights to Phnom Penh - Flight Information

Post by Austman »

atst wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:48 am Yahoo got to use bum gun first time in months
Getting though airport was easy pretty well organized like Doc explained, I was surprised the amount of barangs on my plane from Taipei. Hotel is ok except want $2 for can of beer Stuff that. Not sure when we get results back from covid test.

Insurance cover was $5,000,000 they had trouble converting it to USD??? While waiting at boarding in Brisbane they called my name wanted to photo copy my insurance again, was thinking shit they won't let me on the plane because of this hope not.
You could have left out the bit about the BUM GUN. ha ha
Well done you made it you must be happy as. good luck with the tests.
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Yesterday about 4pm we were told everyone negative so free to go home , I'd had a few beers buy then as I was going to stay till morning anyway, don't much like riding at night.
How good is Cambodia 6 beers Sunday 6 again Monday and now I got 9 free
Thanks doc for update on last test I've just read it.
Your bloods worth bottlingImage
From my home in Sydney Australia to hotel Phnom Penh 30 hours
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:57 am Yesterday about 4pm we were told everyone negative so free to go home , I'd had a few beers buy then as I was going to stay till morning anyway, don't much like riding at night.
How good is Cambodia 6 beers Sunday 6 again Monday and now I got 9 free
Thanks doc for update on last test I've just read it.
Your bloods worth bottlingImage
From my home in Sydney Australia to hotel Phnom Penh 30 hours
The worst is over and you dodged the 14 day quarantine bullet. It's all downhill from here.

Well done and welcome home...
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

I read online on another board that a PP bar hired one of their patrons who had been stuck in the UK. Luckily, the Cambodian Embassy accepted his employment credentials. Nothing about fake boobs in the posting... The return was successful. So there seems to be a viable way for deserving individuals to get a visa and make it back.
No doubt, none of our members here was involved....
Wrightstate
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Wrightstate »

Pizzalover wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:44 pm I read online on another board that a PP bar hired one of their patrons who had been stuck in the UK. Luckily, the Cambodian Embassy accepted his employment credentials. Nothing about fake boobs in the posting... The return was successful. So there seems to be a viable way for deserving individuals to get a visa and make it back.
No doubt, none of our members here was involved....
...Calling all PP business owners! :director: Are you looking to hire from early August? :-o Could make it worth your while! :hattip:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Well made it to the province what a great feeling on the bike heading out of PP. Get home 30 people waiting to party I did my best staying 2 metres apart they didn't seem to care till I showed them photo of people in hasmat siuts then no one came near me
Cop's arrived today to register my whereabouts was looking for the thread about the app but couldn't find it can someone put the Link here
Yes I supplied the beers if you're wondering hey it's $10 a case who gives a fuck.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Link to the registration app (FPCS) thread: newsworthy/new-form-keep-track-foreigne ... 36612.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Re the Cambodian government decision to ban flights into Cambodia from Indonesia and Malaysia: newsworthy/information-coronavirus-camb ... ml#p437470

Opinion from KT.
July 26, 2020
Travel ban on Malaysian and Indonesian originating flights hurts everyone
The Cambodian Ministry of Health’s MoH) decision to propose to the Prime Minister to temporarily ban all flights from Malaysia and Indonesia to Cambodia is an understandable yet regrettable decision.

This decision comes on the heels of a Malaysian decision to consider Cambodia as a travel bubble to facilitate movement of people and Cambodia’s recent decision to waive the mandatory $50,000 insurance policy to cover COVID-19 treatment and a further $3,000 deposit for the same purpose, including temporary quarantine charges testing costs and transportation charges.

More than 100 cases of COVID-19 positive cases reported since July 15, have been reported from passengers from Malaysia and some from flights originating from Indonesia, reportedly charter flights.

Analysts say that the MoH has acted hastily as it failed to take into account the fact that almost all the COVID-19 positive victims coming from Malaysia were not all originating from Malaysia but were mere transit passengers from Middle East countries and Russia.

“The fact that there are no stringent requirements for Cambodians to board a flight home is a telling point as almost none of more than 100 infected since the lull in April 12, were foreigners. Almost all were Cambodians or Cambodian dual nationalities.

“The MoH should have taken into consideration this fact and taken effective protocols to combat and contain this instead of resorting to banning the flights, especially from Malaysia, albeit temporarily as there is no indication as how long this ‘temporary’ will last.

Since twice a month flights were started by Malaysia Airlines in July, most of them reported full flights and the same applied to Air Asia which resumed three times a week flights to Phnom Penh in mid July.

Travel agents who normally deal with the Malaysian community said tickets on board flights to Kuala Lumpur and vice versa to Phnom Penh have quickly sold out.

A Ministry of Economy and Finance official who declined identity on grounds that the person is not an authorized spokesperson for the ministry said “We must study carefully the source of the infections and not base it on the fact that the flights originated from Malaysia so we should ban all flights from that country.

“These are passengers on scheduled flights while those from Indonesia are on charter flights mostly. We are going to leave stranded, Cambodians, who are still abroad, where they are with these flight bans and it hurts Cambodians as much as it hurts Malaysians, financially and emotionally,” the official said.

He added that just when regulations were being eased, MoH came up with this ban suggestion which was accepted by the Prime Minister, understandably so since the numbers spiked within a relatively short period of time and mostly from Malaysia.

“Cambodia needs to protect her people, especially with the long five day holiday coming up in mid August. Hopefully, the temporary ban will be lifted by then. As it is, many were facing issues in securing the $50,000 policy mandated earlier as local insurance companies were reportedly reluctant to issue these policies and a consortium of up to 10 locally incorporated companies never materialized when the decision to waive the requirement and replace it with corporate guarantees were confirmed.

“We need a re think of this. Tighten entry requirements but keep it reachable and provide the means to get the requirements met or fulfilled. If not the opening up of skies to some countries and not to others is only a temporary solution and desperate people wanting to be reunited with their families and their businesses will find a way to return, irrespective of the bans,” the official said.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50748689/t ... -everyone/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Wrightstate
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Wrightstate »

BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:53 pm
atst wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:36 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:51 am
theKid wrote:As other threads have shown, the most common and perhaps only inbound flight used by foreigners is from Seoul. I’m absolutely certain that there is a way to get to Seoul from OZ. Either direct or over HK, TW or Japan.

The only other frequent flights are coming from mainland China and there is no way you can transit through there.
Taipei (Taiwan) isn’t allowing transiting, started in March. Maybe will allowing transiting in August (or not).
Yep no problem and wow got results back today amazing, thank doc also I need to get PCR added to the cert , I showed them your cert ,no more hurdles to jump just need to get on the plane Saturday.
Won't celebrate till I'm in quarantine :Yahoo!:
Assume people are aware but Taipei IS ALLOWING TRANSIT... probably just an old post but .. YES>. I need to thank @Doc67 again. I am using his doctors note as a model. It's simple and clear. Just showing to the doctor's office as reference
Taiwan transit info from: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements Those transiting will need to board connecting flights of the same airline company they fly in on. Transits must last less than 8 hours. So looks like Seoul is still the best option, at least from Europe. There seems to be flights now from Manila according to this: https://pnh.cambodia-airports.aero/en/f ... departures but due to quarantine processing limitations at Manila airport Phillipine Airlines were using Clark instead from London: https://www.philippineairlines.com/Abou ... 11jul20-93 so sounds risky to say the least! But other incoming flights may be worth checking out
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Wrightstate wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:07 am
BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:53 pm
atst wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:36 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:51 am
theKid wrote:As other threads have shown, the most common and perhaps only inbound flight used by foreigners is from Seoul. I’m absolutely certain that there is a way to get to Seoul from OZ. Either direct or over HK, TW or Japan.

The only other frequent flights are coming from mainland China and there is no way you can transit through there.
Taipei (Taiwan) isn’t allowing transiting, started in March. Maybe will allowing transiting in August (or not).
Yep no problem and wow got results back today amazing, thank doc also I need to get PCR added to the cert , I showed them your cert ,no more hurdles to jump just need to get on the plane Saturday.
Won't celebrate till I'm in quarantine :Yahoo!:
Assume people are aware but Taipei IS ALLOWING TRANSIT... probably just an old post but .. YES>. I need to thank @Doc67 again. I am using his doctors note as a model. It's simple and clear. Just showing to the doctor's office as reference
Taiwan transit info from: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements Those transiting will need to board connecting flights of the same airline company they fly in on. Transits must last less than 8 hours. So looks like Seoul is still the best option, at least from Europe. There seems to be flights now from Manila according to this: https://pnh.cambodia-airports.aero/en/f ... departures but due to quarantine processing limitations at Manila airport Phillipine Airlines were using Clark instead from London: https://www.philippineairlines.com/Abou ... 11jul20-93 so sounds risky to say the least! But other incoming flights may be worth checking out

Thanks.. i am good to go. Eva airlines has me on a 3 hour layover in Taipei and all thru Eva airlines--
actually had interrelated question. Has anyone ever brought spices into cambodia?? a friend is asking if his family can mail me some chili paste or some shit. Part of me wants to help. The other part is i dont want any issues. I was trying to look this up... but if anyone knows.

Its not store made. Its homemade Part of me dont want to even deal w/ the bullshit but on other hand, if can help someone then no problem
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic