Flights to Phnom Penh - Flight Information

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Flights to Phnom Penh - Flight Information

Post by ExPenhMan »

Duncan wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:22 am
atst wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:36 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:51 am
theKid wrote:As other threads have shown, the most common and perhaps only inbound flight used by foreigners is from Seoul. I’m absolutely certain that there is a way to get to Seoul from OZ. Either direct or over HK, TW or Japan.

The only other frequent flights are coming from mainland China and there is no way you can transit through there.
Taipei (Taiwan) isn’t allowing transiting, started in March. Maybe will allowing transiting in August (or not).
Yep no problem and wow got results back today amazing, thank doc also I need to get PCR added to the cert , I showed them your cert ,no more hurdles to jump just need to get on the plane Saturday.
Won't celebrate till I'm in quarantine :Yahoo!:
What is your Visa status for entry into KOW ?
For a moment there I thought ATST was doing a VoA but then I remembered he already has an ER visa, I believe.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Yep retirement Visa valid till November, hopefully I get to use it before it expires,
D day today, Sydney Brisbane, Taipei, Phnom Penh
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

atst wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:12 am Yep retirement Visa valid till November, hopefully I get to use it before it expires,
D day today, Sydney Brisbane, Taipei, Phnom Penh
The looooong road to Phnom Penh.

Good luck. :beer3:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Update sitting in Brisbane airport empty every 10 minutes a message comes across It's important to keep 1:5 metres from others, well could someone tell Jetstar my plane from Sydney was full no social distancing on planes.
The lady next to me said if we were all down the park like this the cops would give us all a $1000 fine.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Please tell us,,, you are wearing a mask.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Yep masked up. What a shit fight checking in, complete online form for Taipei, triple check you have the ok to travel from government , count your cash, want to know address in Cambodia ( lucky I had Cambodia drivers license) or you need hotel booking, then why no return ticket , insurance amount was in Australian dollars not USD this was biggest concern for them.
Hope they feed us on plane nothing open at airport
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

atst wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:29 pm Yep masked up. What a shit fight checking in, complete online form for Taipei, triple check you have the ok to travel from government , count your cash, want to know address in Cambodia ( lucky I had Cambodia drivers license) or you need hotel booking, then why no return ticket , insurance amount was in Australian dollars not USD this was biggest concern for them.
Wondering whether you should change those AU$ into US$ while you're in Taipei. I'm assuming that's for the "health care" $3000 deposit. I just don't remember Cambodia loving anything but US$. Certainly the visa desk takes only US$.

Also, I read yesterday, Taipei has an 8-hour limit on transit wait times. I imagine yours will be much shorter anyway.

Lotsa luck, mate.

Ooops. Your update was yesterday. Too late for my recommendation.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:40 pm
atst wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:29 pm Yep masked up. What a shit fight checking in, complete online form for Taipei, triple check you have the ok to travel from government , count your cash, want to know address in Cambodia ( lucky I had Cambodia drivers license) or you need hotel booking, then why no return ticket , insurance amount was in Australian dollars not USD this was biggest concern for them.
Wondering whether you should change those AU$ into US$ while you're in Taipei. I'm assuming that's for the "health care" $3000 deposit. I just don't remember Cambodia loving anything but US$. Certainly the visa desk takes only US$.

Also, I read yesterday, Taipei has an 8-hour limit on transit wait times. I imagine yours will be much shorter anyway.

Lotsa luck, mate.

Ooops. Your update was yesterday. Too late for my recommendation.
I think he means he has Insurance cover for AUD50,000, not carrying AUD cash.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Yahoo got to use bum gun first time in months
Getting though airport was easy pretty well organized like Doc explained, I was surprised the amount of barangs on my plane from Taipei. Hotel is ok except want $2 for can of beer Stuff that. Not sure when we get results back from covid test.

Insurance cover was $5,000,000 they had trouble converting it to USD??? While waiting at boarding in Brisbane they called my name wanted to photo copy my insurance again, was thinking shit they won't let me on the plane because of this hope not.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

atst wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:48 am Yahoo got to use bum gun first time in months
Getting though airport was easy pretty well organized like Doc explained, I was surprised the amount of barangs on my plane from Taipei. Hotel is ok except want $2 for can of beer Stuff that. Not sure when we get results back from covid test.

Insurance cover was $5,000,000 they had trouble converting it to USD??? While waiting at boarding in Brisbane they called my name wanted to photo copy my insurance again, was thinking shit they won't let me on the plane because of this hope not.

Hey , I feel like celebrating ,,, buy me a beer.

Who was the insurance with ? Was it a Travel insurance , Life insurance , Health insurance. ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic