Cambodian embassy for visa application

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
bradley.mcguinness
Tourist
Great Britain

Cambodian embassy for visa application

Post by bradley.mcguinness »

Hey, im new to the forum and im wondering if anyone has advice for long term visas in Cambodia? ive travelled most of SE Asia but now im looking to go back and live there for a while, my girlfriend is from canada and has her TEFL so im sure she will find a job and get a visa that way. However ive read i should be able to apply for a EG visa for 6-12month even if im only looking for work? the website tells me to contact the cambodian embassy in the uk however i think it may have closed as theres no website or phones being answered any more. So i guess my question is am i able to apply once im in cambodia? also which is the best route to take to be able to live in cambodia for atleast 6-12 months? i will be going around october/december depending on how things with the virus are.
Any advice will be really appreciated as me and my partner have being travelling for a while and the only way for us to stay together right now is to keep moving country to country working as we go.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian embassy for visa application

Post by Doc67 »

No tourist visas at the moment. No Visa on arrival. The only visa's being issued by the UK Embassy are business visas and you won't get one of them if you are going to look for work. And they aren't good at answering their phones.

Be patient and wait a while, things should calm down in a few months; you may just be able to rock up, get a work visa on arrival and head for the exit. At the moment it's more like getting in the USSR in the 1980's and then having a night in the slammer when you get there.

Only the desperate are trying to get in there at the moment. Keep reading this forum, news of any changes appear within minutes of it being published elsewhere.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Cambodian embassy for visa application

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

As per above, no visas on arrival, no e-Visas (electronic Tourist Visa), no T-type (Tourist) Visas currently being issued. You will not be eligible to obtain an E-type (Ordinary) Visa (also often still referred to as a Business Visa) in advance from a Cambodian Embassy as you will not have the necessary supporting documentation. There are currently very strict restrictions on foreigners travelling to Cambodia for obvious reasons

Once Visas on Arrival are available again, you will want to obtain the E-type (Ordinary) Visa on Arrival, $35 and valid for 1 month.

If within the first 2-3 weeks you have not secured employment, then you can apply for a 1, 3 or 6 month EG (General) EOS (Extension of Stay). This allows you to seek employment or business opportunities. If you apply via a visa agency then you will not require any supporting documentation.

If you secure employment, you will then need an official letter of employment from your employer in order to apply for a 6 or 12 month EB (Business) EOS. You will also need to apply for a Work Permit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic