Foreigner Quarantine on Arrival Price List

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Foreigner Quarantine on Arrival Price List

Post by BklynBoy »

https://www.embassyofcambodiadc.org/emb ... -travelers

Notice No. 331 SSCA of the State Secretariat of Civil Aviation 26 June 2020 Regarding the Revision of Measures for Prevention, Containment and Response to COVID-19 For Inbound Travelers
Doesn't really help us but states for K-Visas.. they lifting requirements for the 3k and health insurance. still need the covid test tho

maybe this is the start of them repealing some of it?? of course will happen after @Doc67 gets there
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
steven.mulhall
Tourist
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by steven.mulhall »

I WAS PSYCHOLOGICALLY AND FINANCIALLY READY READY TO RISK ENTRY ON AN ASIANA FLIGHT FROM SEOUL ONLY TO DISCOVER THERE ARE NO TOURIST VISAS BEING ISSUED---BORDERS BY LAND CLOSED SO I NEED A BUSINESS VISA ASAP---IS THERE AN NGO READY TO GET ME A COURTESY VISA?/? OHNO :please:
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

BklynBoy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:10 am https://www.embassyofcambodiadc.org/emb ... -travelers

Notice No. 331 SSCA of the State Secretariat of Civil Aviation 26 June 2020 Regarding the Revision of Measures for Prevention, Containment and Response to COVID-19 For Inbound Travelers
Doesn't really help us but states for K-Visas.. they lifting requirements for the 3k and health insurance. still need the covid test tho

maybe this is the start of them repealing some of it?? of course will happen after @Doc67 gets there
The KH Govt. Issued that directive on the 17th, not sure why it took the SSCA 9 days to issue their notice.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

steven.mulhall wrote:I WAS PSYCHOLOGICALLY AND FINANCIALLY READY READY TO RISK ENTRY ON AN ASIANA FLIGHT FROM SEOUL ONLY TO DISCOVER THERE ARE NO TOURIST VISAS BEING ISSUED---BORDERS BY LAND CLOSED SO I NEED A BUSINESS VISA ASAP---IS THERE AN NGO READY TO GET ME A COURTESY VISA?/? OHNO :please:
Sure there are NGOs willing to issue.

The big question is ...
... are you willing you pay them?
(Pay them big bucks that is for sending an official letter that you are part of their NGO on official business in the Kingdom or Wonder.)

Good luck!
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

newkidontheblock wrote:
steven.mulhall wrote:I WAS PSYCHOLOGICALLY AND FINANCIALLY READY READY TO RISK ENTRY ON AN ASIANA FLIGHT FROM SEOUL ONLY TO DISCOVER THERE ARE NO TOURIST VISAS BEING ISSUED---BORDERS BY LAND CLOSED SO I NEED A BUSINESS VISA ASAP---IS THERE AN NGO READY TO GET ME A COURTESY VISA?/? OHNO :please:

The big question is ...
(Pay them big bucks that is for sending an official letter that you are part of their NGO on official business in the Kingdom or Wonder.)

Good luck!
What? Sounds like nonsense to me.

You know this is possible newkid? Only international ngos will be able to get these letters and I'm sure will involve extra scrutiny from MoFA.
Also international NGOs are much less likely to accept inducements to skirt the law than a local organisation

Sounds like you are talking about a subject with zero local knowledge.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

khmerhamster wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:18 pm
newkidontheblock wrote:

The big question is ...

Good luck!
What? Sounds like nonsense to me.

You know this is possible newkid? Only international ngos will be able to get these letters and I'm sure will involve extra scrutiny from MoFA.
Also international NGOs are much less likely to accept inducements to skirt the law than a local organisation

Sounds like you are talking about a subject with zero local knowledge.
Precisely. :facepalm:

Applying for a C-type Visa involves more than just an Invitation Letter from the INGO, also need a letter of authorisation issued by the MoFAIC and any other Ministry the NGO has an MoU with.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Unsure where to put this but wanted to update everyone. I just received my business visa in the mail today. Good to go!. Obviously more parts to the puzzle.. Maybe this is the easy part
It seemed pretty quick. I was trying to stay in touch via email in case dude had any questions or concerns but nothing..if he wanted to ask about the potential job i was offered or any paperwork i submitted
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

BklynBoy wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:38 am Unsure where to put this but wanted to update everyone. I just received my business visa in the mail today. Good to go!. Obviously more parts to the puzzle.. Maybe this is the easy part
It seemed pretty quick. I was trying to stay in touch via email in case dude had any questions or concerns but nothing..if he wanted to ask about the potential job i was offered or any paperwork i submitted
A business visa? Surely not.

Does it say 'business' on the visa?
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

what is it called ? says EF and a bunch of numbers. When filling out the form on the cambodian website for the US it says Business Visa. Under purpose of visit . .i checkd the business visa box
Business Visa (Single-entry Visa)-- thats the name of the form but It doesn't say the words "Business visa" on it...
Am i confusing the name?? E visa/ business visa ?

whatever the damn thing is called.. lol its approved
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

It's an 'Ordinary (E type)' visa which is probably valid for one month. Then you need to extend it for 3, 6, 9, 12 months. If your extension is for business/working that's when you need to justify that you have a job, etc. Otherwise you can extend it 'while looking for work' (nudge, nudge, wink, wink - enjoying an extended vacation).

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting you were wrong. Just surprised that it was a 'business' visa.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic