Foreigner Quarantine on Arrival Price List

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Foreigner Quarantine on Arrival Price List

Post by BklynBoy »

maybe this is the small stuff but why did @Apollo91881 have to pay $80 bucks for hotel room when they supposed to take it out of the 3k ??

or did i misunderstand something?

on another note I really have to thank @PSD-Kiwi @Doc67 and @Apollo91881 for all the great info.. oh shit..and @General Mackevili .... this whole community has helped me thru this shit
and @phuketrichard

lol.. not that i am giving an oscars speech but you guys are a great resource..
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Alex wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:28 am It shouldn't be a problem to top up your phone / Cambodia SIM card balance while being abroad. I either use the Wing app or recharge.com to do that. Both works fine for Cellcard and should work with other networks as well. Wing obviously requires still having a balance with them, recharge.com works with PayPal and credit cards.
maybe wasnt clear.. my phone is the cheap 20 dollar phone.. only text and calls.. no internet...but thanks..
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

I'm glad I haven't had to have the Covid test yet... I'd most definitely get in trouble for assaulting the idiots trying to ram the swabs through my nose and down my throat.

https://southeastasiaglobe.com/travel-t ... -covid-19/
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Tarndog wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:36 pm I'm glad I haven't had to have the Covid test yet... I'd most definitely get in trouble for assaulting the idiots trying to ram the swabs through my nose and down my throat.

So far, the prospect of the swab test hasn't troubled me. I think I'll still be happy of getting allowed in at that point.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:51 pm
Tarndog wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:36 pm I'm glad I haven't had to have the Covid test yet... I'd most definitely get in trouble for assaulting the idiots trying to ram the swabs through my nose and down my throat.

So far, the prospect of the swab test hasn't troubled me. I think I'll still be happy of getting allowed in at that point.
I second that but its 3 times ... unless the 1st one dont count ..seems like we might not need it as the rapid covid test worked for that other guy.
we take 1 when landing
we take 2nd on 13th day .. in order to get our 3k or whats left of it back
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:52 pm seems like we might not need it as the rapid covid test worked for that other guy.
4 Japanese businessmen were denied entry upon arrival 2 days ago as their Medical certificates did not specifically state PCR test.

The Cambodian authorities need to sort their shit and make the guidelines clear....there is not one official document stating that the test must be a PCR test.
They also need to understand that it will be near impossible for many people to get results from a PCR test within the timeframe they require...this is becoming a joke now with so many different interpretations being applied by airlines and authorities, and conflicting guidelines being issued.

All of the official Cambodian Government directives state:
"All travellers entering into Cambodia, both Cambodian and Foreign Nationals, are required to possess a medical certificate indicating a COVID-19 negative status, issued by competent authorities of their residing country no more than 72 (seventy-two) hours prior to the date of travel"
Specific test type not stated anywhere official.
Yet Korean airlines and IATA are stating "Within 72 hours of arrival", and there is no consistency with either application by the authorities in Cambodia.
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:01 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:52 pm seems like we might not need it as the rapid covid test worked for that other guy.
4 Japanese businessmen were denied entry upon arrival as their Medical certificates did not specifically state PCR test.

The Cambodian authorities need to sort their shit and make the guidelines clear....there is not one official document stating that the test must be a PCR test.
They also need to understand that it will be near impossible for many people to get results from a PCR test within the timeframe they require...this is becoming a joke now with so many different interpretations being applied by airlines and authorities, and conflicting guidelines being issued.

All of the official Cambodian Government directives state:
"All travellers entering into Cambodia, both Cambodian and Foreign Nationals, are required to possess a medical certificate indicating a COVID-19 negative status, issued by competent authorities of their residing country no more than 72 (seventy-two) hours prior to the date of travel"
Specific test type not stated anywhere official.
Yet Korean airlines and IATA are stating "Within 72 hours of arrival", and there is no consistency with either application by the authorities in Cambodia.
So that follows on from my question a while back, now it does seem to matter. It now must state a PCR test. Good to know.

The rules state the date of certificate must be within 72 hours of travel but we now know that it is date of arrival. How long before they twig that the medical certificate is not the date of the test?
The date of the test, plus up to 48 hours before result, plus the production of the certificate, plus the overnight travel makes the 72 hours window from test to arrival virtually impossible?

I am planning a test next Wednesday 1st which is the only way I can guarantee a result by Friday 3rd when I collect the certificate. My flight is on Saturday 4th (the only day of the week they fly form London) with arrival on the 5th.

I had no intention of producing the lab paperwork which would show that a PCR test was performed, but also a sample date of the 1st, which will probably cause a big problem.

Thoughts?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

So far, these are the required elements of Certificate of Health

It must state:

Medical Certificate of Health
On Official headed paper
Joe Bloggs tested NEGATIVE for Covid-19
The test performed was a PCR test
Signed by the Doctor
Have an Official Rubber Stamp over the signature
Be original - not a copy or a print out
Dated no earlier than 3 days prior to arrival and ideally less.

Am I missing anything?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:49 pm So far, these are the required elements of Certificate of Health

It must state:

On Official headed paper
Signed by the Doctor

Am I missing anything?
Must be written in English.

Do I have any thoughts/advice ...have a massive stack of paperwork to present to officials, they love that sort of shit, confuses the fk outta them and they get flustered and wave you on your way. Don't volunteer the lab result paperwork though, if they demand it either try and argue that your doctor received the results electronically along with the test results of other patients therefore could not provide you a copy, or take the risk and show them.

Honestly...shit is changing daily, I give up. :facepalm: :lol:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:55 pm
Doc67 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:49 pm So far, these are the required elements of Certificate of Health

It must state:

On Official headed paper
Signed by the Doctor

Am I missing anything?
Must be written in English.

Do I have any thoughts/advice ...have a massive stack of paperwork to present to officials, they love that sort of shit, confuses the fk outta them and they get flustered and wave you on your way. Don't volunteer the lab result paperwork though, if they demand it either try and argue that your doctor received the results electronically along with the test results of other patients therefore could not provide you a copy, or take the risk and show them.

Honestly...shit is changing daily, I give up. :facepalm: :lol:
I'll take a look at the lab paperwork when I get it and asses how good/bad it is. If I am lucky it will just show the date of the report which might be on the 2nd or 3rd and may not mention sample date, maybe a test process date which might work. I''ll hold it back, nobody so far has mentioned the need to show supporting paperwork for the health Certificate.
Solid Gold information about the PCR test requirement though, thanks very much.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic