Foreigner Quarantine on Arrival Price List

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Foreigner Quarantine on Arrival Price List

Post by BklynBoy »

oh shit... unsure now.. I last had this phone working on August 27, 2019
ur saying its quite possible if someone calls it while in cambodia-- it wont connect to me ? ... I also tried online to purchase credits or a scratch off.. got confused.. doesn't take much on my end..lol

Thanks for the info @John Bingham ...I will purchase a smart scrach off card when in hotel when i land while wait for testing results. In worst i will have to purchase anew sim or whatever it is

In worst case, i can give my good friends contact number-- near where i am living. If need to give a contact number
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

have someone buy a top up card for u an scratch it and than send you the numbers,
Than on arrival just "top up" ur phone.
not sure about how long a sim stays active thou, ( till they resell the telephone number)

if its canceled u will just need buy a new sim, am sure that can be done easily from the hotel
not a big worry thou
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

My sim was expired in February got a $1 top up smart card last week and it worked, I'm in Australia
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:22 pm I am surprised that print out of doctors letters was enough. From what has been told, the original letter and signature and rubber stamps are a critical element of the paperwork. This is what the Embassy guy in London told me and what I have been trying to arrange.

You mentioned that your paperwork was checked again in Seoul. Where you with the same airline all the way from DTW to PNH of did you use Korean just for the last leg? Korean Air have got the reputation of being the strict one on the paperwork front.

@Apollo91881
I took Asiana from Seoul to PP.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Herbyjflash wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:29 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:20 pm You don't have the option of choosing or booking the hotel you will be kept at while waiting for test results or the quarantine hotel if quarantined.

Re-read the post...it was in reference to hotel they planned to stay after released.
Sorry, maybe I’m being thick but how do you specify the address at immigration if you don't know it?

And what was the hotel like for the one night stay / quarantine ?
Don't know.
Better than a cot.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

It shouldn't be a problem to top up your phone / Cambodia SIM card balance while being abroad. I either use the Wing app or recharge.com to do that. Both works fine for Cellcard and should work with other networks as well. Wing obviously requires still having a balance with them, recharge.com works with PayPal and credit cards.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

BklynBoy wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:01 pm oh shit... unsure now.. I last had this phone working on August 27, 2019
ur saying its quite possible if someone calls it while in cambodia-- it wont connect to me ? ... I also tried online to purchase credits or a scratch off.. got confused.. doesn't take much on my end..lol

Thanks for the info @John Bingham ...I will purchase a smart scrach off card when in hotel when i land while wait for testing results. In worst i will have to purchase anew sim or whatever it is

In worst case, i can give my good friends contact number-- near where i am living. If need to give a contact number
My sim card takes a good few minutes before it can persuade a UK carrier to accept it! Be patient.

If you get a connection you'll get the usual, Welcome to..." texts. Then you know your sim is still alive. Then dial *888# and you'll find out your balance.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:08 am Self-isolation at the address you supplied upon arrival. Not permitted to leave, local officials can conduct random checks.

Test on 13th day at the Khmer-Soviet Hospital or Chak Angre Medical centre if in PP, if outside of PP at your provincial hospital.

Take negative test result to bank when applying for the refund.
Do you know of any official distinction between the two types of Covid-19 tests?

The PCR swab type (nasal and throat type) detect any current virus, give a cleat Positive or Negative result and take at least a day to process.

The antibody type (blood droplet) only take an hour but only detect antibodies of current infection - IgM only (early) or IgM & IgG (current infection)

or

IgG only for past infection. They may not pick up very recent infection. This is their weakness.

It seems @Apollo91881 got through with both types, but will just the antibody test suffice? Also, if you have had the virus in the past and you show positive for the IgG antibodies, is this likely to get you rejected? Will they understand the significance of the result?

If the antibody test, with a negative across both types if antibodies, is acceptable, it would make the 72hour window a much simpler requirement.
(It would also make airport testing with an internationally recognised certificate a very lucrative business)

Any information or thoughts on this?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@Doc67 are you asking about what type of test is required to enter Cambodia? If so, none of the Govt directives actually state the type of test only that all foreign nationals are required to
possess Health Certification indicating a Covid-19 negative result. Key words being scrutinised by Korean airlines in particular, as well as on arrival "Joe Bloggs TESTED NEGATIVE for COVID-19"
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

It seems that the Health Certificate is the key document and my lab report (which will be dated one day over the 72 hour limit) will not be needed. The Certificate, which I can get 48 hours prior to arrival will do the job it seems.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic