Riots, protests, demo's - in your town?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Riots, protests, demo's - in your town?

Post by hunter8 »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:26 am
hunter8 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:45 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:22 am Protest numbers here

Anti lockdown - 400
Support for the blackfellas - 50,000
That calculates to a 1:125 ratio.
Looks correct for the smart vs stupid distribution numbers.
Yes, but i believe it is the other way around in the northern hemisphere.
8)
which is maybe why you have so much more death and disruption in both areas.
:(
My next travel will be into the southern hemisphere, i never crossed the equator before. Eagerly waiting for international travel to restart 👍
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

Post by pauloxleyisland »

Got to say I’m feeling a bit disillusioned by it all. I’m also in NSW, we have just been through 3 months of lock down, destroyed our jobs and our economy . Saw one footballer fined and suspended for having a dance with a Couple of pretty girls and then witnessed what happened yesterday. Tonight I had to sign in at my local pub and maintain social distancing. The question I want to ask , are there rules for some and rules for others or are we all playing from the same rule book
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

That is a very good question, Islander ^^^ that anybody has a right to ask.
But you will have to ask the blackfellas. It was their show.

At a guess...
You know what happened last week
i. The world wide outrage at the George Floyd killing, it was a touchstone in the USA with millions deciding to finally draw a line.
1. The very public airing of that footage of a Sydney cop casually using the kind of brutality that happens every day to blackfellas. This was "perfect" timing, combined with what was happening in USA, to set off an uproar here about the longstanding aboriginal deaths in custody issue.
3. The wilful destruction by Rio of one of the most historically and culturally significant aboriginal sites in Australia - two caves that are the earliest recorded site of human habitation in the continent. 45,000 years ago. Thousands of artifacts.

You don't always get to pick the time when you gotta fight your battles.
It is my guess that the blackfellas just knew this was a crucial time when they must take a stand.
You know what they have to put up with here. You probably know that this is the one issue that brings great shame to Australia internationally. And the blackfellas are sick of it too.
They probably figured it was time to draw a line. All the stars were lined up and there would not be an opportunity like this again.

I thought very hard about it. My decision ws for me only, and i know many will not agree.
I went because the blackfellas asked me/everybody to join them in drawing that line.
I thought it was both a reasonable enough request - and crucially, that these mass gatherings all over the country would actually help put this issue front and centre.

It's about fucking time that this preventable health issue, death by uniform, was addressed after decades of talk talk talk.
Not one cop or screw has every been charged for assault or murder in the 30 years since the damming royal commission came down. Hundreds of blackfellas have been killed, tens of thousands assaulted, in that time.
Ask them, but my guess is they simply felt it was exactly the right time to draw a line.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^^ You have an odd numbering system there Stern.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Username Taken wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:50 pm ^^^ You have an odd numbering system there Stern.
lol. Ah well, i am an odd man
so there is some consistency there
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

in Australia, is it not offensive to call them "blackfellows?

suggest u dont ever try that in America
( even i find it offensive)

To me the killing of Breonna Taylor was much more offensive and disgusting
BUT
Derek Chauvin was caught on camera, an his nonchalant attitude of kneeling on Georges neck, with his hand in his pocket while he died......was just over the top
This has been coming since the 60's and trump is only making it worse with every twitter post he makes

a good read;
Why did the death of Minneapolis resident George Floyd in police custody arouse a national wave of revulsion? There are two vectors to this wave: The humiliation of American blacks and the horror of white liberals.

To be precise, American police (white or black) killed exactly nine unarmed black Americans in 2019. Whether these shootings were justified is a different issue. That is about one one-thousandth of the 7,407 blacks murdered in 2018 (last year for which data are available), about 90% of whom were killed by other black Americans.

“The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015.
https://asiatimes.com/2020/06/the-humil ... d7ff190aa4

Seems it is becoming more peaceful as the protests /days go on, while in Belgium and Paris they are rioting against the police now
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:55 pm in Australia, is it not offensive to call them "blackfellows?

suggest u dont ever try that in America
( even i find it offensive)
No Richard, quite the opposite.

"It's not rocket science...whitefella's don't know what's best for blackfella's..."
https://caama.com.au/news/2017/its-not- ... lackfellas

Written and produced by blackfellas for both blackfellas and white fellas

See also Blackfella-Whitefella Tour the icon concert series by the Warumpi Band and Midnight Oil, which had an explosive influence on aussie music, both black and white,
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

Post by pauloxleyisland »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:28 pm That is a very good question, Islander ^^^ that anybody has a right to ask.
But you will have to ask the blackfellas. It was their show.

At a guess...
You know what happened last week
i. The world wide outrage at the George Floyd killing, it was a touchstone in the USA with millions deciding to finally draw a line.
1. The very public airing of that footage of a Sydney cop casually using the kind of brutality that happens every day to blackfellas. This was "perfect" timing, combined with what was happening in USA, to set off an uproar here about the longstanding aboriginal deaths in custody issue.
3. The wilful destruction by Rio of one of the most historically and culturally significant aboriginal sites in Australia - two caves that are the earliest recorded site of human habitation in the continent. 45,000 years ago. Thousands of artifacts.

You don't always get to pick the time when you gotta fight your battles.
It is my guess that the blackfellas just knew this was a crucial time when they must take a stand.
You know what they have to put up with here. You probably know that this is the one issue that brings great shame to Australia internationally. And the blackfellas are sick of it too.
They probably figured it was time to draw a line. All the stars were lined up and there would not be an opportunity like this again.

I thought very hard about it. My decision ws for me only, and i know many will not agree.
I went because the blackfellas asked me/everybody to join them in drawing that line.
I thought it was both a reasonable enough request - and crucially, that these mass gatherings all over the country would actually help put this issue front and centre.

It's about fucking time that this preventable health issue, death by uniform, was addressed after decades of talk talk talk.
Not one cop or screw has every been charged for assault or murder in the 30 years since the damming royal commission came down. Hundreds of blackfellas have been killed, tens of thousands assaulted, in that time.
Ask them, but my guess is they simply felt it was exactly the right time to draw a line.
I’m sure those in Victoria are thanking you and you friends for your efforts, and may I say as a member of the silent majority in Australia, you know, the other 2600000 that did do the right thing. What the !!!!
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:50 pm ^^^ You have an odd numbering system there Stern.

Not odd really . After 1 add another 1, and it's 2.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Zero cases of transmission were tracked to that weekend of protests all over Australia.
You should know that, so i am assuming you are just going for the low blow for spurious ideological reasons. Following the copy book of those few of the most lunar-right race-baiting politicians who made this same bullshit based slur.
So go hang your "those in Victoria will be thanking you" on somebody else.
(please)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic