What Was Your FIRST POST on CEO/Khmer440.com Expat Forums?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

What Was Your FIRST POST on CEO/Khmer440.com Expat Forums?

Post by General Mackevili »

I thought it might be interesting to look back at our first posts on the Cambodia expat forums, whether they were silly questions like where to buy Q-tips, or to tell everyone where the "best pizza in Phnom Penh" is, or to get online to vent your frustrations about living in a 3rd world country.

Feel free to post yours or anyone else's FIRST POST on the forums you find funny or interesting.

Ok, myself, when CEO was first launching and we only had about 5 smilies or something:
Cambod wrote:More smileys, dammit!!!!!!! :lol: :?: :lol: :P :oops: ;) :) :D :D :D :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
Haha, UT's is funny! Got hit by the Mod Team on his first post:
Username Taken wrote:Hello, my name is Username Taken,

Up until August last year, I was a member of another Cambodian forum. Sadly, my account was deleted because I had a different opinion to that of the forum's owner. I had never been warned, or sin-binned at any time prior to this, and received no notification of my banning. There were quite a few who fell that weekend. Nice to see some of them on here.
:greet:

Unlike OrangeDragon, cambod, General-Z and others who all received life-time bans, not only was I banned but all my posts were deleted as well. Man, I must have really pissed him off!

Congratulations guys! The site looks great.
Good luck

Karma comes in many forms, <<MOD EDIT: Please remember to not use anyone's real name. Thx, GenMack>>! :evil:
StroppyChops talking about weed, LoL:
StroppyChops wrote:And if happy hour doesn't do it for you, the entrepreneurs out the front will sell you some of their happy merchandise.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: What Was Your FIRST POST on CEO/Khmer440.com Expat Forum

Post by Soi Dog »

All my 1000+ comments on K440, going back to 2006 or so, were deleted by KiR over a year ago. Ain't been back there since.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

My first posts 'over there' devolved quickly into a flame war when I posted to a thread on academic qualifications versus employment prospects. I listed mine and quite genuinely asked what sort of employment opportunities/expectations to expect.

The next page of responses told me everything I need to know about the depth and types of wankery in that forum. A classic old guard, our turf response.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I was in the middle of what seemed like a serious fuck-up because a whole load of detectives had piled into my house and ripped the place to shreds. I posted asking if Siem Reap was a good place to live, because I'd been offered a job there, and had been there before. Thank fuck I was given good advice and told that the place sucked.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

John Bingham wrote:I was in the middle of what seemed like a serious fuck-up because a whole load of detectives had piled into my house and ripped the place to shreds. I posted asking if Siem Reap was a good place to live, because I'd been offered a job there, and had been there before. Thank fuck I was given good advice and told that the place sucked.
Detectives? What's all that about then?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Police business.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Soi Dog wrote:All my 1000+ comments on K440, going back to 2006 or so, were deleted by KiR over a year ago. Ain't been back there since.
Ha! I also can't find my first post as "Cambod" on K440 because KiR deleted my account and Scobie still won't re-activate it. Image

Funnily enough, I think I was arguing with Violet about TEFL certificates, LoL.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

John Bingham wrote:Police business.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

If I remembered it correctly, my first post was something about Khmer idiom, in which I shouldn't have posted, so that people might not be able to find out that I am Cambodian. :)
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It was a bit of a nightmare. An old friend of mine had gotten involved in some nasty business in Manali, and I let him stay in my apartment. I had traveled around Africa with him the year before, and he was a pain in the ass to be with, so I wasn't all that surprised about what happened later.This was the mess he had gotten involved with:
http://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/ ... magazine17

It had nothing to do with me, I was thousands of KM away, but when 10 or so central division detectives kicked through my door and tore my house to bits I was a bit freaked. They didn't even know anything about the dead chick in India, they just knew that my friend had been trying to shift some dodgy substances locally. My flatmate was well pissed off with me. It doesn't matter anymore because they are all dead now. RIP.
Last edited by John Bingham on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic