intermarriage Asian and White

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: intermarriage Asian and White

Post by Soi Dog »

prahkeitouj wrote:A year by year, everything changes. I used to think intermarriage is very difficult for couples, but now my thought changed. I found that I want to make a difference and i like to learn new things. But i'm not sure that marry with local person or another race is better?
I personally highly encourage local Khmer girls to date foreign guys. :thumb:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Soi Dog wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:A year by year, everything changes. I used to think intermarriage is very difficult for couples, but now my thought changed. I found that I want to make a difference and i like to learn new things. But i'm not sure that marry with local person or another race is better?
koen kat s'aht nas! (កូនកាត់ស្អាតណាស់)

:bow:
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

koen kat s'aht nas! (កូនកាត់ស្អាតណាស់" Well, my wife and I have two children and yes, they are fine looking, unfortunately for me it didn't come from my genes. Kee ban sidac pi mai.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Username Taken wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:

កូនកាត់ខ្លះអត់ស្អាតទេ។ កូនកាត់ភាគច្រើនដែលស្អាតគឺកូនកាត់ដែលមានម្ដាយខ្មែរ និង ឪពុកបារាំង តែបើឪពុកខ្មែរម្ដាយបារាំងវិញកូនកាត់នោះមិនសូវស្អាតទេ។
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

taabarang wrote:I'm married to a fine counhy girl from Kampong Cham Province and have been for 13 years She didn't marry me for money or for skin color. We both felt that we had much in common in terms of psychological needs and attitudes. We have both sacrificed much to keep us together. I have never had so much faith in anyone in my life. Whatever needs to be done to help me; she will do it and I hope I bring the same confidence in our relationship to her.
You are lucky! :-)
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Username Taken wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:

Hehehe.., I gree :thumb:
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Samouth wrote:
Username Taken wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:

កូនកាត់ខ្លះអត់ស្អាតទេ។ កូនកាត់ភាគច្រើនដែលស្អាតគឺកូនកាត់ដែលមានម្ដាយខ្មែរ និង ឪពុកបារាំង តែបើឪពុកខ្មែរម្ដាយបារាំងវិញកូនកាត់នោះមិនសូវស្អាតទេ។
What do you mean ? :p
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Soi Dog wrote:
Can you give me the reasons why you support it?
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

prahkeitouj wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:
Can you give me the reasons why you support it?
Because he's a foreign guy!! :beer3:
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:
Samouth wrote:
Username Taken wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:

What do you mean ? :p
Come on. This made me sad when you don't understand it. :(
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic