intermarriage Asian and White

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: intermarriage Asian and White

Post by rozzieoz »

From my observations (and I'm a woman so I can say this stuff) there is a certain charm about Khmer women, a gentleness and femininity that is very alluring. I imagine it would be difficult for a lot of guys to go back to dating an Aussie girl, for example, once they have had a Khmer girlfriend.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

You're not wrong, mate. :thumb:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

rozzieoz wrote:From my observations (and I'm a woman so I can say this stuff) there is a certain charm about Khmer women, a gentleness and femininity that is very alluring.
I imagine it would be difficult for a lot of guys to go back to dating an Aussie girl, for example, once they have had a Khmer girlfriend.

I think the biggest problem is deciding between , body and looks and brain and intelligence.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Duncan wrote:
rozzieoz wrote:From my observations (and I'm a woman so I can say this stuff) there is a certain charm about Khmer women, a gentleness and femininity that is very alluring.
I imagine it would be difficult for a lot of guys to go back to dating an Aussie girl, for example, once they have had a Khmer girlfriend.

I think the biggest problem is deciding between , body and looks and brain and intelligence.
Not it at all, really. The choice is between different attitudes and expectations about each person's role in a relationship.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Soi Dog wrote:
Duncan wrote:

Not it at all, really. The choice is between different attitudes and expectations about each person's role in a relationship.
:thumb:
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

rozzieoz wrote:From my observations (and I'm a woman so I can say this stuff) there is a certain charm about Khmer women, a gentleness and femininity that is very alluring. I imagine it would be difficult for a lot of guys to go back to dating an Aussie girl, for example, once they have had a Khmer girlfriend.
I'm a local. I have no idea about it, but I think Cambodians(women an men ) are a bit shy.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Duncan wrote:

If we talk about appearace I think the skin color.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

bah, oddly I think skin color is much more an issue with Khmers. Lotta guys like the brown skin girls. I mean at home thousands go bake in the sun to get a good tan :)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

try telling that to a kampong cham girl mr curious
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

I'm married to a fine counhy girl from Kampong Cham Province and have been for 13 years She didn't marry me for money or for skin color. We both felt that we had much in common in terms of psychological needs and attitudes. We have both sacrificed much to keep us together. I have never had so much faith in anyone in my life. Whatever needs to be done to help me; she will do it and I hope I bring the same confidence in our relationship to her.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic