intermarriage Asian and White

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: intermarriage Asian and White

Post by prahkeitouj »

thePeck wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:
thePeck wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Is it serious about they are from?
In my opinion, yes!

I would not date a western woman over a SEA woman. When I came to Cambodia I had almost swore off relationships, just short time lol.

And as far as same sex, go for it, do what makes you happy. Don't get stuck in a love-less relationship for the sake of trying to fit in. Plenty of it here, and not so bad looking ones.
Culuture just identify where they from,but doesn't mean what their thought. black or white is just their skin. Culture just their clothes but their personality can't be seen by eyes :-)
Actually no, culture is bigger then just where they are from, there's more too it. It's not 100%, of course you're going to run into the same kind of people everywhere but you're going to find a unique pattern. With regards to relationships, in my opinion, you can find the more of the "old fashioned" girls in SEA unlike back home in the West. It's the mentality of the culture.

Just for example, here in Cambodia I can't eat all the food she gives me, I have to try to tell her I'm full and I can't eat anymore. Back home if I was hungry I had to make it myself, very few times would my gf do anything beyond tell me what food there was in the refrigerator to eat. Also don't think I want someone to wait on my hand and foot, but I appreciate it so much and show that to her.

It's not the same, it's like trying to compare apples to oranges. Yes they're both fruits and have seeds but essentially that's where the similarities end. Same way here.
I think people were born and learn about their cultures. But if when thhey grow up, they learn all over the world and open-minded they will choose what they really like and best for them.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

how abt if we just mix the bloodlines promiscously since it is illegal for fossils to marry young spunks?
uncle sam and the great kangaroo are getting an ugly shock in terms of a new citizen from me if the dna test pans out.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

thePeck wrote:
Just for example, here in Cambodia I can't eat all the food she gives me, I have to try to tell her I'm full and I can't eat anymore. Back home if I was hungry I had to make it myself, very few times would my gf do anything beyond tell me what food there was in the refrigerator to eat. Also don't think I want someone to wait on my hand and foot, but I appreciate it so much and show that to her.
With all due respect, it sounds like you're still in the "honeymoon" stage of this particular relationship. Maybe I'm wrong, but otherwise just see how it pans out...
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

frank lee bent wrote:how abt if we just mix the bloodlines promiscously since it is illegal for fossils to marry young spunks?
uncle sam and the great kangaroo are getting an ugly shock in terms of a new citizen from me if the dna test pans out.

its not legal to marry ,nothing about kids

ur kid will be American/Australia/Cambodian oh boy
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

intermarriage Asian and White

Post by thePeck »

John Bingham wrote:
thePeck wrote:
With all due respect, it sounds like you're still in the "honeymoon" stage of this particular relationship. Maybe I'm wrong, but otherwise just see how it pans out...
Possibly, I wouldn't deny it. Strange though it progressed to this not digress. Opposite of most I think. But also not one back in the states even did this at any point in the relationship.
Saigon
Tourist

Post by Saigon »

Just the title is racist nonsense.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

OP is a Khmer woman and is still learning English; you can't fault her on phrasing. If you read the actual thread, it is clear she is not against marriage between Asians and whites, just that (like many Cambodians) she grew up thinking one way and is interested in learning different ways of thinking.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

oh boy, welcome new member.

ngo?
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

MekongMouse wrote:OP is a Khmer woman and is still learning English; you can't fault her on phrasing. If you read the actual thread, it is clear she is not against marriage between Asians and whites, just that (like many Cambodians) she grew up thinking one way and is interested in learning different ways of thinking.
That's what I mean
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Saigon wrote:Just the title is racist nonsense.
Nonsense to you, but welcome new member!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic