update for visa - USA to Cambo

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: update for visa - USA to Cambo

Post by BklynBoy »

I am transiting out of Singapore which just lifted the transit ban but agree that is important information.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:52 am I am transiting out of Singapore which just lifted the transit ban but agree that is important information.
Yep your right but then Singapore airlines flight in June, July transit Sydney/Singapore/PP disappeared now only August flights advertising, you may be luckier not coming from Australia. Good luck
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Bernie Bro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bernie Bro »

How is that legal...? They sold tickets for 3 months, most of the flights never left and all they'll do is give you credit for later flights?

Slightly off topic.... but i am really the full owner of the Golden Gate Bridge, and will sell it to anyone willing to transfer $3,000 to my credit union account right now. One time offer!
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

^^ It’s not legal. Like many airlines, they are all doing their very best to hang on to whatever cash they have. One way is to shaft the customers and keep their money. I’m owed money from March, have a confirmed refund, yet await the money. Lo and behold, now they don’t want to offer a refund but a voucher valid for 12 months. I don’t want the voucher but they say I have to wait at least 6 months to get my refund. It’s completely illegal here and they hide behind the fact that their “admin staff are not in the office right now”. It is what it is. I’ll either get a refund eventually or they’ll go bust and I’ll get nothing, which is the same value as the voucher to me. Hey ho. Life goes on.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Slightly off your off topic, but I also have a bridge available. It’s in London. Interested?
Bernie Bro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bernie Bro »

Yerg wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:17 am Slightly off your off topic, but I also have a bridge available. It’s in London. Interested?
We could do a swap? I don't know if you're interested in my world-famous San Francisco bridge here. But if so, I've been trying to move things away from the States actually, and might much more appreciate something overseas.

Is it that bridge next to that Big Ben clock tower where that guy recently ran over those people with his car in that terror attack thing?

£ for £, dollar for dollar, this could be quite a good deal for you actually
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Bernie Bro wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:48 am
Yerg wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:17 am Slightly off your off topic, but I also have a bridge available. It’s in London. Interested?
We could do a swap? I don't know if you're interested in my world-famous San Francisco bridge here. But if so, I've been trying to move things away from the States actually, and might much more appreciate something overseas.

Is it that bridge next to that Big Ben clock tower where that guy recently ran over those people with his car in that terror attack thing?

£ for £, dollar for dollar, this could be quite a good deal for you actually

I have a Chinese friend who is interested in buying a bridge. He said he will buy it off the first person who jumps off the bridge and hits the water first.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I sympathize with you all that Think they Need,( you really dont need to, you only want too) to get back to Thailand, Singapore, Cambodia etc etc
BUT what the fuck are you wasting your time and energy and worrying so much for?
Sure you miss ur ( fill in the Blank)

when its open, it will all open and things will go smooth...no tests, no insurance, no possible 14 days sleeping on a cot

look at late Sept/Oct

As to money... nobody like giving it back, businesses will always offer you a voucher credit for the future..

Recall american express ads on tv with Carl Mauldin??
He would always say no reason to cash in ur american express checks when u returned home, just stick them in the drawer for ur next trip

YEP, great idea, free money ...no interest for american express.

and the old saying,
"money in the hand is worth two in the bush"
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Rtrac
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Rtrac »

I got a reply back from Cambodian Embassy per instructions how to apply for a Visa:

Important Notice
On How to Apply for A Visa
The Consul at' Office of the Royal Embassy of Cambodia to the Unjted States, with
reference to the Announcement of the Inter-Ministerial Committee to Combat COVlD-19
issued on May 20, 2020, would like to remind all travelers who plan to enter Cambodia
as of thls date as follow:
1. All travelers entering Cambodia must apply through a Cambodia
embassy/consulate near them for all types of visas except tourist (T) visa.
Those who wish to apply through the embassy need to submit the following
documents in person or via USPS mail:
a. A complete application form and required documents as well as fee in
bank check or money order if applicable. The instruction on how to
apply is accessible via this link https://www.embassyofcambodiadc.org/
how-to-get-a-visa.html.
b. Proof of health insurance policy with a minimum medical coverage of
USO 50,000 (fifty thousand US dollars) during their intended stay in
Cambodia.
c. Health certificate of COVID-19 negative issued no more than 72 hours
prior to departure which shall be sent to the embassy/consulate through
email [email protected] just before they travel.
2. The airline companies and airport authorities in Phnom Penh (PNH),
Cambodia, have been notified of the requirements above and anyone who are
trying to board a plane without any of the said documents could be denied
boarding, stuck in their transit point or worst of all turned back by Cambodia
airport authorities upon landing.
3. Upon arrival in Cambodia, all travelers, both Cambodian and foreign nationals,
will be accompanied to a reception center for COVID-19 testing and be asked
to stay there while waiting between 24-48 hours for laboratory results.
a. If one or more travelers are tested positive with COVID-19, other
accompanying passengers will be subjected to a 14-day quarantine at a
location designated by the Inter-Ministerial Committee to Combat
COVID-19.
b. If all travelers are tested negative, they will be allowed to a 14-day self isolation at their respective home/hotel under supervision of the local
authorities and health officials. Moreover, they will be required to take a
COVID-19 test again on the 13 th day of the self-isolation.
Done in Washington D.C., June 03 , 2020

So basically if you can get a Single Entry Business Visa + have the flight set up + follow the instructions above... you CAN do it.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:49 am I sympathize with you all that Think they Need,( you really dont need to, you only want too) to get back to Thailand, Singapore, Cambodia etc etc
BUT what the fuck are you wasting your time and energy and worrying so much for?
Sure you miss ur ( fill in the Blank)
Guess there's mot much else so do.

I have tickets to Europe in early September for the whole family, bought in December 2019, and to be honest I don't see it happen. We're planning on a 16 day trip to visit family and friends and with any quarantine- or other measures on either side of the trip in place it's just not going to be worth the hassle. And that's assuming the flights will actually leave. I seriously doubt that.

But, as long as they haven't cancelled it yet, there's hope for all I assume....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic