Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Takmav
Expatriate
Costa Rica

Re: Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Post by Takmav »

Hi Is it possible to extend an ER visa the same day you arrive in Phnom Penh? I'm going up near Stung Treng and don't want to travel back again to Phnom Penh.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

just go to any agent and have them do it for you.
takes a few days thou
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Takmav
Expatriate
Costa Rica

Post by Takmav »

Thanks. Thought it might be a bit cheeky.
Jasper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Jasper »

I've just been to Meta's Visas & Tours in Kampot to apply for my first 12 month EB visa.

She asked for $295 for the visa, plus an $80 'paperwork fee'.

When I questioned her on the fee, she said she could show me the relevant letter from the visa issuing office (which after a few minutes shuffling through some papers, she couldn't), and then she made a couple of phone calls, speaking in Khmer, and confirmed that yes, if I didn't pay the $80 my passport would be returned without a new visa.

Two questions:

1)Has anyone heard of this fee? Before I left Spain, I took into consideration the recent changes in visa rules, so I trawled through hundreds of posts on dozens of websites to make sure I knew my options when I arrived in Cambodia and it's a first for me.

2)Does anyone know of an alternative agent in Kampot? I think either she's trying to pull my pants down, or someone is doing the same to her!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i paid 286 for a year EOS through a travel agent in PP maybe 6 months ago
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

sounds like she is hitting u for an "EXTRA" fee.
try another agent
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jasper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Jasper »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:17 pm sounds like she is hitting u for ran "EXTRA" fee.
try another agent
Yeah, I'm going to go out for a wander now and see what I can find.

Options are a bit limited in Kampot though, so shouldn't take me too long.

If I can't find anywhere else here, then as a matter of principle I'd be happier jumping on a minibus tomorrow and nipping into Ana in SKV!
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Jasper wrote:I've just been to Meta's Visas & Tours in Kampot to apply for my first 12 month EB visa.

When I questioned her on the fee, she said she could show me the relevant letter from the visa issuing office (which after a few minutes shuffling through some papers, she couldn't), and then she made a couple of phone calls, speaking in Khmer, and confirmed that yes, if I didn't pay the $80 my passport would be returned without a new visa.

Two questions:

1)Has anyone heard of this fee? Before I left Spain, I took into consideration the recent changes in visa rules, so I trawled through hundreds of posts on dozens of websites to make sure I knew my options when I arrived in Cambodia and it's a first for me.

2)Does anyone know of an alternative agent in Kampot? I think either she's trying to pull my pants down, or someone is doing the same to her!
Haven't followed the work permit thing too closely - does the first 12 month EB eos require a work permit? Can't think of anything else besides some "no work permit grease" that would necessitate an $80 premium on the eos.

Meta seems to always have a mix of very happy and very annoyed clients on the Kampot Noticeboard.
Jasper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Jasper »

epidemiks wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:27 pm
Jasper wrote:I've just been to Meta's Visas & Tours in Kampot to apply for my first 12 month EB visa.

Two questions:

Haven't followed the work permit thing too closely - does the first 12 month EB eos require a work permit? Can't think of anything else besides some "no work permit grease" that would necessitate an $80 premium on the eos.

Meta seems to always have a mix of very happy and very annoyed clients on the Kampot Noticeboard.
It’s for an EB visa, not an EOS....they’re different, aren’t they?

I was under the impression that the first visa application, but not subsequent ones, doesn’t have to be supported with any sort of paperwork, so $80 seems like a piss-take!

Yeah, I went to her first because she has (mostly) a good rep!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

eos is extension of stay- what you get the first time you renew your e-class visa
there is an EG visa ( looking for work ) that gives you a little extra breathing space- you convert visa to g class on first eos
cost is the same.
maybe give ANA a ring for a quote
http://anatravelandtours.com/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic